Maybe an expert can help us with a problem.

new team

Expert Expediter
My husband and I have been studying to get our B class CDL but we don't have a truck to take the test in. On top of needing a truck, we would also need a driver to go along with us. We've contacted local truking companies but they all say their insurance won't cover it. We tried Ryder Trucks but they don't have the airbrakes needed for the endorsement. We contacted the local driving schools but they said their trucks are only for their students. We checked on going to the schools and they charge an average of $3,000 each for the class. It seems terrible to pay that when we have already done the studying. We were hoping some of you "experienced" expeditors may have dealt with problem and solved it.

omalljd

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I know that you can take your test from a third party testing center and you can rent the truck from them. I took my test at CDL of Northern Ohio which is in Willard. The test was $50 and the truck was $150. I would imagine that other states have the same type of setup.

Jeff O'Malley

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
In Indiana it is about the same way. I believe the bus I rented (I have the bus endorsement also) I rented cost me $25.00 I would talk to the third party examination sites and see what they say.

Big Scooter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We rented a truck with airbrakes from Rollins Trucking in Jacksonville, Fla. in '99. It cost us $150 for the day and we drove to a Trucking school where we had arrainged to take the Driver's test for $100.00 each. Keep researching, and best wishes.:7 :7

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
where do you live, i live in newport news, va so you live close
to here would be willing to help out if you were in hampton roads area

new team

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the offer :) We live in SE KY. Things look like they are working out for us (Praise God). Thanks again, that is a very kind offer.

Be Safe, New Team

Bigtyme

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Howdy New Team, I am not here to piss in your cheerio's but this is a rotten time to consider expediting(if thats what your doing), Just read all the complaints on here it should tell you something..:( :(