May Day What’s going on banter

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got the rearend back together.

Good drive pattern, pinion preload and backlash perfect

No more wiggle at the yoke. Didn't test drive yet, wife had to go out. She absolutely loves the once a month I'm working and IMO is getting way too used to it :tearsofjoy:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I saw a one way sign on a corner shelf. I thought, that's odd must be special instructions for the stock person on which direction to place items
You blew it! That ONE WAY sign was store merchandise. It was for sale. ONE WAY signs and STAND HERE STUPID signs are hot commodities. These signs are selling on ebay for $25-$30 each. Mask Face 25 pix.png

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got the rearend back together.

Good drive pattern, pinion preload and backlash perfect

No more wiggle at the yoke. Didn't test drive yet, wife had to go out. She absolutely loves the once a month I'm working and IMO is getting way too used to it :tearsofjoy:
I've noticed a trend with you.... you seem to be under that more then actually in it....LOL

• Haha
Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
about to embark on a long drive from Edmonton area to Brantford Ont and return....its a family type mission...approx 7,000 kms in total..
Now that you can; stop and enjoy NOT driving straight thru ;)

Fist time I left Ontario going west was last year. Who knew it was 24 hours driving just to cross the province (I sure didn't)

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
about to embark on a long drive from Edmonton area to Brantford Ont and return....its a family type mission...approx 7,000 kms in total..

Was in Northern Ontario last week, services are pretty sparse, especially places to eat (so load up the RV!). Most 24hr places are like 10 to 6pm now...incl Tims. More seems open on 11 than on 17 if you take the flat way across.

Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Test drove yesterday. Drives fine except no steering and it won't get out of first gear. Most importantly no rearend leaks

Degreasing engine bay, changing air, oil and fuel filter, cleaned and greased the back brakes when I put them together

I'm using this time to do a crapload of stuff I won't normally have time to. Got new Monroe "expert series" shocks for the Chevy van too, new tires for it next pay.

73F and humid might as well be Death Valley after that long winter. Every hour I have to go back inside to the AC. I'm not adapted yet

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Update to "drives fine" it's like a Cadillac on the open highway! Not that I had anything to deliver, although the company called and said I have to do a delivery to stay on the payroll (weird, probably just checking in on the van being fixed)

Of course now I hear the front wheel bearings. I'll get to those when I change the Freemax English rotors that rusted out in just over a year. Looks like they're in danger of crushing. That's what $60 CDN gets you. Bought raybestos painted fleet rotors, Zimmerman just seems like a waste. The body is rusty now too, thinking of wrapping it in white pearl vinyl, but the prep will be nearly as much work as a repaint

Should I rebuild the trans in my garage next? 500,000 miles on original heavily abused trans.

I know I have no reason to complain (rearend was first major repair) but once a month deliveries don't support a whole lot. How are those with payments doing?

Edit: dispatch called as I was writing this, retail deliveries are available but I can't in good conscience deal with a hundred individuals in the most infected regions of Toronto having 2 people at home with compromised immune systems.

Vaccine yet? Anybody else turning down work because of Covid-19?

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And I saw a poll the other day that says 30 percent of people say they wont get the vaccine when it comes out.

STOP THINKING OF YOURSELVES, GET THE SHOT FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE ONES WHO CANT!!!!!

Sorry for the caps, some people just tick me off....

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Update to "drives fine" it's like a Cadillac on the open highway! Not that I had anything to deliver, although the company called and said I have to do a delivery to stay on the payroll (weird, probably just checking in on the van being fixed)

Of course now I hear the front wheel bearings. I'll get to those when I change the Freemax English rotors that rusted out in just over a year. Looks like they're in danger of crushing. That's what $60 CDN gets you. Bought raybestos painted fleet rotors, Zimmerman just seems like a waste. The body is rusty now too, thinking of wrapping it in white pearl vinyl, but the prep will be nearly as much work as a repaint

Should I rebuild the trans in my garage next? 500,000 miles on original heavily abused trans.

I know I have no reason to complain (rearend was first major repair) but once a month deliveries don't support a whole lot. How are those with payments doing?

Edit: dispatch called as I was writing this, retail deliveries are available but I can't in good conscience deal with a hundred individuals in the most infected regions of Toronto having 2 people at home with compromised immune systems.

Vaccine yet? Anybody else turning down work because of Covid-19?

Yea I’m turning down all work!

Sent from lost in space.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
And I saw a poll the other day that says 30 percent of people say they wont get the vaccine when it comes out.

STOP THINKING OF YOURSELVES, GET THE SHOT FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE ONES WHO CANT!!!!!

Sorry for the caps, some people just tick me off....

Amen!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
More work. Local-ish so it makes more sense per hour...above $40 Canadian per hour suits me fine

Really nice to drive now, didn't realize part of me was waiting for the explosion. Everybody asks me if I'm driving, they can't hear the grinding from the differential anymore I guess. Crept up on me slowly enough I didn't realize. Part of my checks is putting my hand on the differential after a drive, my Fords would get burning hot when the rearend broke, sprinter never did even a couple days before ultimate destruction

Reactions: fastman_1

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Things must be coming back, lots of work available. I'm still personally quarantined tho. No USA, no retail. "PPE" compliant dock to dock only. Had 2 runs in 24 hours

Looks like I'm keeping the 2005. 22 mpg loaded and comfortably above the speed limit

Think I've found the culprit for the abs lights. (Yes I put 3 years on the van with 3 trouble lights on the dash, pulling over to restart the engine when it sticks in gear and won't shift) I briefly had no trouble lights and cruise control. Combination of "noise" from the wheel bearings and rusty tone rings

Tool ordered to put 369 ft lbs on the bearings as called for. Instead of 1 lol. Figured out what the "safety" garage did, which lasted way longer than it should have. They put all the rollers back into the old bearing, and installed it with a chisel since they didn't have the "special" tool

There's also the evidence of a mechanic that didn't know the drivers side was a left hand thread :tearsofjoy: now I know why he was so angry. Wonder how many hours he pounded on that axle in the wrong direction...