May Be Loads 4 You & Banter

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
This may be a Transit Truck Talk item, but I want to make sure everyone sees it!

My truck started grumbling like a tank going down a cobblestone street. I was at a loss for a reason. BillG suggested I check my driveshaft coupling, which I inspected 2 oil changes ago. And, having replaced 4 of the old couplers I had the "new improved permanent" coupling done only 60,000 miles ago. So was I surprised when I saw what is posted below. And further surprised when Ford said since the new coupler was installed on recall it had NO ADDITIONAL WARRANTY. $800 later I have my second permanent coupling. And before you jump on the "that's BS and you wouldn't accept it" it's been argued by others already And Ford won't budge!

IMG_20190529_102214875.jpeg

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Didn't they replace the coupling with a regular u joint under the recall?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Give 'em a call WOM!
Tell them you want your $800 back + a free new u-joint installed.

Ford will notify owners, and as an interim repair, dealers will replace the flexible coupling on any vehicle with more than 30,000 miles. A final remedy repair of a redesigned flexible coupling or a revised driveshaft equipped with a universal joint is being developed and is expected in early 2018. These repairs will be made free of charge. The recall is expected to begin July 17, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford’s number for this recall is 17S15.

Last edited:
Reactions: brokcanadian

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Discovered something today ....
NYC doesn't have any Wal-Mart's ... and .. ??
No Anytime Fitness.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I lived. Hazmat was well packaged in a large crate.

Hazmat was not however at a location with a ramp.

I steered the front of a 1600 lb skid and had to lift it off my wheelwell when it got stuck.

Then proceeded to sleep for 15 hours after I got home and unwound with some youtube hazmat videos

Man I'm out of shape

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Give 'em a call WOM!
Tell them you want your $800 back + a free new u-joint installed.

Ford will notify owners, and as an interim repair, dealers will replace the flexible coupling on any vehicle with more than 30,000 miles. A final remedy repair of a redesigned flexible coupling or a revised driveshaft equipped with a universal joint is being developed and is expected in early 2018. These repairs will be made free of charge. The recall is expected to begin July 17, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford’s number for this recall is 17S15.
Re-read my OP, my van received the new improved coupling last year. That's it, all I get. Depending on manufacturing date and engine size some got a U-joint type replacement. Others just got the "better" coupling replacement.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Re-read my OP, my van received the new improved coupling last year. That's it, all I get. Depending on manufacturing date and engine size some got a U-joint type replacement. Others just got the "better" coupling replacement.

That is messed up. I thought all got the u-joint in the recall. Obviously even the improved coupling is not cutting it.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For anyone that's in the nyc area ..... Greenpoint, NY (Brooklyn) YMCA
Open 24 hrs .... they told me I could use the facilities for free on a guest pass ..... sauna & shower, both clean.
Sauna wasn't hot enough, oh well .... shower was good.

Last edited:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In my experience it's mixed in with everything else.
Boston to Wash DC, overnight .... they charge the customer airfreight & a van takes it all the way.
That's my experience, the AOC (aircraft on ground) means don't go sightseeing until unloaded, but the rates are fine

My 2 weeks pay came in, back to making my entire sprinter purchase price every month (paid 2900 US april 2016)

No its not busy, I just had 3 very good runs

Reactions: ntimevan