May Be Loads 4 You & Banter

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Appt done. Turn and burn for next appt. I'd have gone to see the ocean but its too freakin cold 45 degrees still ice and snow in the shade...

Maybe that's why its so cheap here...

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Stewiacke "Halfway Between the Equator and North Pole" :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Every town needs a claim to fame I guess

Oregon makes a big deal of the 45th Parallel also. You’ll see signs reminding you that you’re now closer to the North Pole than the Equator when you cross it northbound, and the exact opposite on the southbound side.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sat in McConnellsburg on Monday, Hagerstown on Tuesday. Wednesday morning saw us go from there to Charleston, WV. Nice quiet TA in Teays Valley for Thursday. Yesterday, Huntington to Waycross, GA. Now waiting....

Brought a one pound box from Waycross to Birmingham yesterday. Let’s see how well we do at getting out of Bama; it’s usually not too bad.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just read about the latest move by Amazon. Current employees can quit and become contract delivery "Entrepreneurs" And they will get 3 months pay and up to $10,000 assistance in start up costs. The post on Yahoo also showed a brief clip of just how automated their distribution centers are.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Indentured servants.
First time around, who knows how successful their new distributors are? Guys probably going belly up all over the place. The numbers don't make enough sense for people to buy in, so now they'll fool people into this racket. "Entrepreneurs" .... what a joke. These people will build a network for Amazon at pennies on the dollar and have little to show for it in 10 yrs.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Something has been gnawing at me everytime I go out east. Finally figured out what it was -

It's not just being able to talk to a stranger in New Brunswick or Nova Scotia like you knew them all your life; their yards don't even have fences

In 5 years I haven't spoken a paragraph to one neighbor in Ontario. Not only does everyone have fences, but if they seem out of repair, it causes a fight between neighbors to see who will pay to put it back up (right away, that's a crisis)

I bet the children out east just run around in and out of the neighbourhood houses without a care in the world (why not, you can see 10 other houses living rooms from your own window). I bet they don't lock their doors either

Its not a Toronto thing for sure. Lock up tight and peek out the curtains, to see who's violating the town bylaws, then call the city bylaw police on your neighbor.

(Quebecers are probably nice too but I have no idea what the frick they're saying)

I wanna move.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Something has been gnawing at me everytime I go out east. Finally figured out what it was -

It's not just being able to talk to a stranger in New Brunswick or Nova Scotia like you knew them all your life; their yards don't even have fences

In 5 years I haven't spoken a paragraph to one neighbor in Ontario. Not only does everyone have fences, but if they seem out of repair, it causes a fight between neighbors to see who will pay to put it back up (right away, that's a crisis)

I bet the children out east just run around in and out of the neighbourhood houses without a care in the world (why not, you can see 10 other houses living rooms from your own window). I bet they don't lock their doors either

Its not a Toronto thing for sure. Lock up tight and peek out the curtains, to see who's violating the town bylaws, then call the city bylaw police on your neighbor.

(Quebecers are probably nice too but I have no idea what the frick they're saying)

I wanna move.
Ontario is in Jersey? Sounds like home to me. How's the litter in the Eastern provinces, or all of Canada in fact? Americans (not all) seem to think the environment isn't their problem.

Question for all: What do you see as the friendliest state? My vote - Wisconsin

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ontario is in Jersey? Sounds like home to me. How's the litter in the Eastern provinces, or all of Canada in fact? Americans (not all) seem to think the environment isn't their problem.

This is gonna sound weird - Illinois

I couldn't get back on the road with all the chatterboxes. Never been to Wisconsin tho

And litter? Not much, not only do city workers get $35 an hour to pick it up here, there's not enough people in most provinces to make any

Capital of New Brunswick - Fredericton 58,000 people :tearsofjoy:

Handy graphic for Atlantic Canada
Screenshot_20190514-091625_Chrome.jpg
Oops forgot one
Screenshot_20190514-092618_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

The state of confusion!

Sent from Deep in the backwater swamp

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
On the eighth day! Loaded El Paso, TX to NC. Not sure if we were being lazy, stupid or despondent.
You're trying to convince me that extending my 2 weeks home would be better?

And I didn't give you a "like" because there's nothing to like about a week in EP. However, I am happy you're rolling.