MAY all your dreams come true!

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a fun time at Langley AFB this morning, not. Then booked for a Chesapeake, VA to Dearborn, MI. In route the SiriusXM programing must not of liked a tunnel. More fun with that. MB only sells reman power steering pumps now. Current one only has about 240,000 miles on it. Hope we can get the new one installed before it eats :censoredsign:.

Reactions: RoadTime

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
would you drive 40 miles to pick up a bad load?....LOL
6b148773330e43a6951f369c60e1b661.jpg

hauling freight from a Pond near you

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
First big news.... i officially left bolt...2nd big news i returned the generator. and ordered 300 watts of solar and lithium cells ....back on the road on the 1st with a new company.... i have 2 but the decision is killing me. Been doing all kinds of crazy to the Transit and i'll be sharing it in a write up coming to the Truck section near you! .... For now Homebase good ol' Ohio land of heat and A/c in the same day :) be safe everyone!

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a fun time at Langley AFB this morning, not. Then booked for a Chesapeake, VA to Dearborn, MI. In route the SiriusXM programing must not of liked a tunnel. More fun with that. MB only sells reman power steering pumps now. Current one only has about 240,000 miles on it. Hope we can get the new one installed before it eats :censoredsign:.
Question.

On my maiden ride, my sprinter had light (normal) power steering, 3 hours into my 6 hour drive home it went stiff and has been ever since. Would the pump fix it? I don't even remember what it should be like, and the pulley is free turning, no bearing damage...

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
First big news.... i officially left bolt...2nd big news i returned the generator. and ordered 300 watts of solar and lithium cells ....back on the road on the 1st with a new company.... i have 2 but the decision is killing me. Been doing all kinds of crazy to the Transit and i'll be sharing it in a write up coming to the Truck section near you! .... For now Homebase good ol' Ohio land of heat and A/c in the same day :) be safe everyone!
Well ... the Ricky -Dave experiment doesn't work for everyone .... send me a PM if you need help on new company selection as i am always researching Greener Grass ...

Reactions: NorthernBill

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well ... the Ricky -Dave experiment doesn't work for everyone .... send me a PM if you need help on new company selection as i am always researching Greener Grass ...

message sent sir!

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Question.

On my maiden ride, my sprinter had light (normal) power steering, 3 hours into my 6 hour drive home it went stiff and has been ever since. Would the pump fix it? I don't even remember what it should be like, and the pulley is free turning, no bearing damage...

Check your unjoints on the streering shaft

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Question.

Check your unjoints on the streering shaft

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums
Already replaced. I just don't know what's normal on the Sprinter, I thought I remembered light steering at first...it's heavy enough to be a two hander even on the hwy

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bad rack? Does it turn easy if the front end is jacked up off the ground?
Of course. And, of course I was hoping for anything but the rack

It hasn't gotten worse. If I remember right it felt like something popped and hasn't changed since. Passed safety after u joint, but my feelings on mechanics are well known

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well if it turns easy in the air...at least you know it's not mechanical..it's hydraulic. What's a rack worth for that vintage?