MAY all your dreams come true!

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well if it turns easy in the air...at least you know it's not mechanical..it's hydraulic. What's a rack worth for that vintage?
800-1200. But considering what I already spent, its getting to the point where I'll drive this for quite a while to feel like I got my money's worth

You can get a year old Transit former rental around me for as low as $25,000

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a fun time at Langley AFB this morning, not. Then booked for a Chesapeake, VA to Dearborn, MI. In route the SiriusXM programing must not of liked a tunnel. More fun with that. MB only sells reman power steering pumps now. Current one only has about 240,000 miles on it. Hope we can get the new one installed before it eats :censoredsign:.
Are you sure it's the power steering pump? I've got 555k currently on mine and never have to replace the ps pump. Now I have changed the rack and high pressure line to the ps pump but no pump. May want to take a look into that.

Reactions: brokcanadian

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Loaded in Jackson, OH a few hours ago, and delivering to Austin, MN...Murray the Magician is definitely an apt and fair name...Starting out pretty good over here at CRE...

BTW WOM, discuss upgrade details to your vehicle while on the cruise and/or business plan going forward and it becomes a business expense...also consider talking to other passengers to see if they ever move freight and may have need of a van someday...recruiting and/or sales meetings/prospecting for customers.

(My friend used talking to me about possibly driving a truck for him someday to be able to write off some of the expense and one night of drinking as entertainment for that. We were on Carnival Vista for 8 days May 6 thru May 14, 2017)

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My power steering pump started making a soft hyd type noise and now sounds like a bunch of rocks found a home. Last sprinter shop thought it was going, but not soon. He said it was kind of the luck of the draw, as some last forever and some don't. Fluid has a slight burnt type look and smell.
At speed the steering is good one handed, slow speed one hand is not quite enough, doable but kinda clumsy.
Broke one, does yours get loud when at full lock?

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since I thought yesterday was Monday, I'm feeling like I'm stuck in the movie Groundhog Day

26c9753b0fbebb7e6cd31d0790c03eaf.png

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bill... would you mind show & tell on the correct tools to cut the roof holes .....

hauling freight from a Pond near you

No problem. Just carefully draw out your 14" hole with a marker. Drill a 1/2" hole in each corner. And use an electric shear like this one to connect the corners. With coupon was $40. Quick and easy as a hot knife cutting butter. Beats the heck out of a cutting wheel, saber saw or sawsall.
264e076a37b9cb2a774bd61a4d8da592.png

I notice that the above saw is a Chicago Electric Power Tool saw and not a Milwaukee. What's with that?:) I've cut 3 holes in 3 van roofs with a small saber saw and a decent metal cutting blade with no issues. Whatever is convenient and works.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Are you sure it's the power steering pump? I've got 555k currently on mine and never have to replace the ps pump. Now I have changed the rack and high pressure line to the ps pump but no pump. May want to take a look into that.

First try COMPLETELY draining and pumping out every bit of PS fluid you can. I mean all of it. Then replace with the correct PS fluid. I did this 2 weeks ago on a Chrysler we have and it saved me a pump and rack replacement. I wouldn't have believed it if it didn't happen to me. PS fluid goes bad. It foams. It loses viscosity. This PS system is SILENT now and all I changed was the fluid.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here's some ground rules for next weekend:
1. Don't wish me a Happy Memorial day. There is nothing happy about brave men and women dying.
2. It's not a holiday. It's a remembrance.
3. If you want to know the true meaning, visit Arlington or your local VA, not freaking Disneyland.
4. Don't tell me how great any one political power is. Tell me about Chesty Puller, George Patton, John Basilone, Dakota Meyer, Kyle Carpenter, Mitchell Paige, Ira Hayes, Chris Kyle and any other heroes too numerous to name. Attend a Bell Ceremony and shed some tears.
5. Don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about. I have carried the burden all too many times for my warriors who now stand their post for God.
6. Say a prayer... and then another.
7. Remember the Fallen for all the Good they did while they were here.
8. Reach out and let a Vet know you're there, we're losing too many in "peace".