May 2015

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
Not judging him, I'm judging his methods, Don't know you either, you don't know me, but you just judged me.... When you point fingers remember there is 3 pointing back at you.
how do you know his methods ? Did you look in his books? Did he broke any rule?I did not judge you, I just corrected your thinking... Just not nice to insult somebody who may stop and help you out on the side of the hwy when you are in trouble. Remember we all serve the same cause, it is no room for fighting or insulting....

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
how do you know his methods ? Did you look in his books? Did he broke any rule?I did not judge you, I just corrected your thinking... Just not nice to insult somebody who may stop and help you out on the side of the hwy when you are in trouble. Remember we all serve the same cause, it is no room for fighting or insulting....
I don't need my thinking corrected, I know how to do research, 1 man 1van = drive down rates even more, what's he hiding by not having his mc# displayed on his signage? As for needing help on the side of the highway, I have a phone, and a plan in place for help, Do not assume that I wouldn't talk to him, or offer advice if needed, but a bottom feeder is and will always be the cause of falling rates, Hell I might even talk to you if I'd meet you out there somewhere... Then again maybe not.

Reactions: ntimevan

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
I don't need my thinking corrected, I know how to do research, 1 man 1van = drive down rates even more, what's he hiding by not having his mc# displayed on his signage? As for needing help on the side of the highway, I have a phone, and a plan in place for help, Do not ***ume that I wouldn't talk to him, or offer advice if needed, but a bottom feeder is and will always be the cause of falling rates, Hell I might even talk to you if I'd meet you out there somewhere... Then again maybe not.
So if somebody has a much better expense management than you and can run lower rates is a bottom feeder?Good for him . You cant offend somebody for this. Lets cut his tires and run just us with fat rates :)).And not putting MC # is his choice. Last time I checked US was a free country, no? If he is under 10K gvw he does not need to. But you probably know that...So let's not be so judgementals , we did not invented the expediting business...Have a great night and a productive next week.

Reactions: RoadTime

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So if somebody has a much better expense management than you and can run lower rates is a bottom feeder?Good for him . You cant offend somebody for this. Lets cut his tires and run just us with fat rates :)).And not putting MC # is his choice. Last time I checked US was a free country, no? If he is under 10K gvw he does not need to. But you probably know that...So let's not be so judgementals , we did not invented the expediting business...Have a great night and a productive next week.
Now your just reaching, we will to agree to disagree, and when your rate gets cut, then we can talk again,

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
Now your just reaching, we will to agree to disagree, and when your rate gets cut, then we can talk again,
My rate was cut in my 12 years of expediting a lot of times. But I never Insulted the carrier or the person who booked the load with a lower rate. Remember we all have different business models. Free market.I bet you do most of your shopping at Walmart.At the beginnings, Walmart competitors thought , that a successful business ,built around offering lower prices and great service, would never work. As it turned out, the company's success exceeded even Sam Walton expectations... I know may not be the perfect example ,just try to show you cheep rates not mean bad service. I hate Walmart , they killed all the mom and pop stores , I hate cheep rates , but it is what it is. One more time ,just because somebody run cheep freight ,not deserve to be insulted.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My rate was cut in my 12 years of expediting a lot of times. But I never Insulted the carrier or the person who booked the load with a lower rate. Remember we all have different business models. Free market.I bet you do most of your shopping at Walmart.At the beginnings, Walmart competitors thought , that a successful business ,built around offering lower prices and great service, would never work. As it turned out, the company's success exceeded even Sam Walton expectations... I know may not be the perfect example ,just try to show you cheep rates not mean bad service. I hate Walmart , they killed all the mom and pop stores , I hate cheep rates , but it is what it is. One more time ,just because somebody run cheep freight ,not deserve to be insulted.
Thanks for the history of Walmart, no I really don't shop at Walmart, again I didn't insult the man I insulted his business model, but your to stuck in accepting the fact it is what it is so live with it, to that I say YOU are also part of the problem, and I done trying to explain it to someone who refuses to see there is more than one opinion.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for the history of Walmart, no I really don't shop at Walmart, again I didn't insult the man I insulted his business model, but your to stuck in accepting the fact it is what it is so live with it, to that I say YOU are also part of the problem, and I done trying to explain it to someone who refuses to see there is more than one opinion.
My point was that you not in the power to explain somebody how to run his business. What rate to take or what not. You cant insult a somebody's business model just because you think yours is better. But I done here ,sorry I can waste my time educating you how to think about this issue . Have a great night

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

If you want an illustration for "great service", WalMart doesn't even make the top 100 list. Low prices, absolutely [though they don't stay low, if you notice], but you get what you pay for. At WalMart and in expedited delivery.

Reactions: Tennesseahawk

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
With as many sprinter vans on the market, I can guarantee that there are as many bottom feeders out here with big company signs on their van also. It's not just small companies driving rates into the ground.
That I agree with

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My point was that you not in the power to explain somebody how to run his business. What rate to take or what not. You cant insult a somebody's business model just because you think yours is better. But I done here ,sorry I can waste my time educating you how to think about this issue . Have a great night
Hmmm taking me to school, now that's funny

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Anyway, I always wondered how some of these vans or sprinters run expedited freight with no door signs or other company signage...

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyway, I always wondered how some of these vans or sprinters run expedited freight with no door signs or other company signage...
Well I'll tell ya my thoughts, big company's require it for whatever reason, some vans like me run magnetic signs ( I live in a Development that has a HOA) and then there are the small wannabe carriers who just move freight under the radar.