MATS Miracle

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
Ok everybody I discovered a miracle at MATS, now stay with me....

If while you were there you purchased all the fuel saving remedys they were hawking, then I have just what you are going to be needing...FIFTY gallon drums because your truck is going to start making fuel.

Examples:

Buy my product save..................5% @15.00 per tank
Buy my product save..................2% @13.00 per tank
Buy my product save..................7% @25.00 per tank
Buy my product save.................15% @40.00 per tank
Buy my product save..................8% @17.50 per tank
Buy my product save..................5% @14.95 per tank
Buy my product save..................8% @20.00 per tank
Buy my product save..................4% @15.00 per tank
Buy my product save..................9% @25.00 per tank
Buy my product save..................3% @12.95 per tank
Buy my product save..................6% @20.00 per tank
Buy my product save..................5% @15.00 per tank
Buy my product save..................3% @16.95 per tank
Buy my product save..................6% @19.95 per tank
Buy my product save..................9% @24.95 per tank
Buy my product save..................3% @10.95 per tank
Buy my product save..................4% @13.95 per tank
.................................Total 102% ......Total $320

So see my point start making fuel...
Now we just have to pay $600 (only $600 because we will be adding 50 gals of additives) for a tank of fuel put in $320 of additives and never have to buy fuel again.

BUT WAIT WHY IS THE BALDWIN FILTER MAN SMILING AT ME???????????

Truly though I never have seen so many snake oil salesmen in my life..

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Isn't that what nearly everything in America is all about anymore - commercialization? (I'm expecting the announcement any time now, that the White House has been renamed, after a vicious & expensive battle of the bidders, as: "The Yahoo! White House":eek:)
So just when I thought I couldn't get any more cynical, a REAL miracle occurred: the owner of the truck I drive approached a vendor and said that he wanted to buy a Safe-T-Step, because his wife had won one the day before, he liked it, and wanted one for his second truck. The vendor then asked me "Could you hold these, please?", gave me a pile of handouts, and then, (I can hardly believe it still, though I saw it with my own two peepers) handed a Safe-T-Step to the owner, for no charge - except the request that we pass out the handouts to others. (We did, too, with VERY convincing enthusiasm!:D)
It was the best PR I've seen in a long while, and I commend (and recommend, too) the Prebola Products Company highly. It's a very good product - even if you have to pay for it.
(If you order one online before March 31, you can get $15 off by entering the coupon code MATS08) :)

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
dont understand buying additives,as long as ive been driving truck,the more additives ive put in the fuel tanks,the worst my fuel mileage has been.there is no miracle except your gas pedal foot.if you drive as if there is an egg under the pedal,you will get better mileage.do jack rabbit starts,then you will be at the truck stops feeding the oil companies

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
Exactly my point did you see my reference to Baldwin filter man.

If you pay $20.00 a gallon for an additive that adds 2% to your fuel mileage and you are getting 8.5 MPG then you increase your MPG to 8.7 MPG so on a 200 gallon tank you get an increase from 1700 miles to 1740 so that the 40 miles that you increased cost you $2.00 a mile.
If you can increase your mileage by 2% by slowing down from 65 to 60 you will get the 40 miles for free.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The snake oil salesmen really come out this time of year. Almost all of us (diesel) will begin to get better fuel mileage as we transition off of winter blended fuel. The salesman will claim it is his product that did it, and he will be long gone with your money by the time winter rolls around again and your mileage dips. The difference for me between the fuel I bought in Louisville on Friday and the fuel I bought in Ontario yesterday was almost 2 MPG.

There was one booth at MATS that the guys just had 2 large easels with hand drawn writing in magic marker touting their product. It looked like a fridge magnet.

That said, does anyone have a Turbo 3000 that works. I am very skeptical about it but that guy on XM171 seems to believe in it and he doesn't sound like a shrill for money. It just seems a little hokey to me.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
talk to broompilot about his turbo 3000,last he told me no advantage at all.I have another friend with one,since installing he has slowed down,so he doesnt know if turbo 3000 did it or slowing down,we all know slowing down did it.