March 2017 this and that.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I can tell you a story about Express1 and It looks things never really change...

I was sitting once with the Late Great Jack Berry and his wife Gracey one day..they had just emptied out it was a Friday and kind of slow.....I was supposed to be #1 and had been for 2 days....I had told him how E1 favours teams and loads them quicker and he couldn't believe it....so anyhow....he gets the "Call" ..845 miles to Nashville for a Monday delivery.....he looked at me and said...this isn't a team run...you can do this over a weekend....to which I said..there ya go proof in the pudding!

Steady Eddie can tell ya the time JuJu and I got out of Olive Branch ahead of him on the same kind of deal...
Not just that.
Once I was sitting with another driver in KY.
I wanted to go home, MA.
He needed to go to NC.
I was offered a run to TN or GA, he was told to go to PA. We asked if we could swap. Were told no, and they scrapped both runs.

I'd a been done with them right then and there!!

Reactions: hdxpedx

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can tell you a story about Express1 and It looks things never really change...

I was sitting once with the Late Great Jack Berry and his wife Gracey one day..they had just emptied out it was a Friday and kind of slow.....I was supposed to be #1 and had been for 2 days....I had told him how E1 favours teams and loads them quicker and he couldn't believe it....so anyhow....he gets the "Call" ..845 miles to Nashville for a Monday delivery.....he looked at me and said...this isn't a team run...you can do this over a weekend....to which I said..there ya go proof in the pudding!

Steady Eddie can tell ya the time JuJu and I got out of Olive Branch ahead of him on the same kind of deal...
Not just that.
I wanted to go home, MA.
He needed to go to NC.
I was offered a run to TN or GA, he was told to go to PA. We asked if we could swap. Were told no, and they scrapped both runs.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Not just that.
I wanted to go home, MA.
He needed to go to NC.

It was not too long after that, when the shareholders took over control of XPO and Restructuring took place or should I say what it really was....Redistribution....more for them, less for us...on the premise you could make up for the cut by running more miles...Which unfortunately is now the slogan for nearly every carrier out...
gee whiz..lets cut the recruiters pay but they can make it up by working Saturdays....you don't see that happening...