Mack trucks

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does anyone know if Mack does expediter trucks

There was one quite a few years ago, it was a give-a-way truck, built by the Chrome shop mafia, but any truck can be built out for expediting.

Sent from lost in space.

Reactions: Turtle

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would think you could go to your Mack dealer and order a truck any way you want it, like I did once with a W900. Then pick a box company and order it and introduce the two.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes they recently introduced a medium duty, All you would need would be a sleeper and a box. I'd be all over a Volvo medium duty class 6 if it ever hits the market. The New Hino L series looks good as well. In the meantime I'm still waiting on the 2015 Sprinter to depreciate under $15k w/ 200k or under. We are getting close. ;)

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
Saw a factory Mack sleeper expediter on with Tri State in Harrisburg PA last week it was the new body style ;)

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I had the first Western Star straight tuck, order the truck with length I wanted to fit the box. I had a class 8 with 16' box with 70" sleeper and Genset. If you plan on doing long haul I would go with a class 8 truck. stay away form business class truck as there mostly city trucks, they aren't really made for long haul and hard running. go to free want ad's on here. If your going to spend all day in truck make sure you have comfortable ride, air ride seats, air ride cab, air bags.. If you buy a used truck make sure you can look at maintenance reports , if you can't see them, don't buy that truck.

me48111

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
i think the mack anthem is the current model they are making was see if they can do one

me48111

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks I could really use some advice this would be my first Mack truck but really love the idea of something different

Reactions: dalscott

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
read all trucking papers you can get your hands on. read up on latest and greatest item's you want on your truck. plan it well and it will last a long time. if you are able go to truck shows and look at all toys , make a list of what you want, and cost to. then after you figure cost, what will make sense to put on truck. there are a lot of $1,500 to $3,000 options. when I got my Western Star , one of options I wanted was push button on dash to air tires up, after I found out that was $3,000 options at the time. I settled for cats eyes that was $75. options. you fill rear set of tires was air , eyes closed tires were at the right press. with live air from dash , required special rear and front axle .