M2112

sixwheeler44

Expert Expediter
Hi all, have a 2007 m2112 327,900 miles.owned 4 2and 1/2 yrs.We have gone thru 7 wheel bearings in that time, both sides.All freightliner can tell me is that i am overloading front end.Not posssible we have a lift axle which is down all the time and also would b getting tickets from dot if that were the case.Has any one else with same truck had any these problems if u have please reply thank you 4 your info. six

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Wish I could help you with a answer. My M2 did come out of the factory with right F/bearing loose but never has been a issue since. Is this a front axle or back axle proplem?
(Right now I assuming your refering to F/axle bearing failures and proper lubricant is in place)

Have you actually weighted the truck both empty and with various loads on it to see how the freight rides weight wise?
Is the truck going into the same freightliner dealer each and everytime?
Has anyone noticed if a bearing race was spun in the hub?
Has the spindle, king pins and everything related to the hubs been throughly checked?
Where is the lift mounted and do you know how much air your putting to the lift axle?
Im thinking I would get the truck into a good frame shop and see what they may find if anything.
(Im sorry I know your looking for answers and I hit you with a bunch of Qs)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would probably go with Slow-ride. We had a Sterling that was eating the bearings every 50k or so when we first got it. Found out that the axle was slightly bent. Replaced axle and no problems after that. Frame shop can pull the axle and see if it is true as well as wear on the spindles.

sixwheeler44

Expert Expediter
ty slo,yes all ur qestions r yes cept 4 where all work was done. on the road its 2 find dealers who have the time. ty 4 rep[ly