Low Paying Load Opps

ATeam

Retired Expediter
You can bet your a** there are some Fed drivers that will run for those rates, and
if you want to know who some of them are,look at who is on the list of 4 star drivers year after year after year.

Notice that some of those people may wonder what all the fuss is about regarding repeat load offers. They won't see them because they are under load a lot more of the time than those who decline low-paying freight. And because they won't see them as often, they won't have a complaint as much.

Also notice that if they are going to the banquet year after year, they are not washing out of the business. Even if you accept every load that dispatch offers, not every load will be low-paying.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Notice that some of those people may wonder what all the fuss is about regarding repeat load offers. They won't see them because they are under load a lot more of the time than those who decline low-paying freight. And because they won't see them as often, they won't have a complaint as much.

Also notice that if they are going to the banquet year after year, they are not washing out of the business. Even if you accept every load that dispatch offers, not every load will be low-paying.

While it is true that not EVERY load will be low paying I can assure you that if I was taking every load offered I WOULD be out of business already. Not only would I be losing money on MOST loads offered but I would NOT be able to take loads that DID pay well while I was running that junk load. A "double" wammy.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
While it is true that not EVERY load will be low paying I can assure you that if I was taking every load offered I WOULD be out of business already. Not only would I be losing money on MOST loads offered but I would NOT be able to take loads that DID pay well while I was running that junk load. A "double" wammy.

Exactly right,and if some members on here want to call that "cherry picking" or whatever and make it seem like you are not doing the right thing or not being a team player,then so be it. Me, I call that good business practices.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Exactly right,and if some members on here want to call that "cherry picking" or whatever and make it seem like you are not doing the right thing or not being a team player,then so be it. Me, I call that good business practices.

Yep, got burned by that today. Not that it was anyone's fault mind you. The load we took paid GREAT by the mile but it was only 50 miles. Lost a shot at a REALLY good load because we are on this one.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Suprisingly we have only gotten a couple low paying opps since the original post and only one repeat. Then again we are near Sacremento, CA and have not gotten any opps in 24 hours.

MissKat

Expert Expediter
did you get a load out of sac or did you relocate elsewhere? just wondering, we are home in Oregon and they authorized a deadhead from Burlington WA to Sac!!!!!

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We relocated to Ontario over the weekend and got a great paing load to Albuquerque on Monday.
There were some loads coming out of Sacramento but mainly in state runs.

MissKat

Expert Expediter
Must have been a GOOD paying load. I am not sure we want to leave our comfy womfy house on the ORegon Coast to sit in Sac and it's a 1200 mi deadhead to Ontario LOL. And then again there's Reno. Sigh.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Must have been a GOOD paying load. I am not sure we want to leave our comfy womfy house on the ORegon Coast to sit in Sac and it's a 1200 mi deadhead to Ontario LOL. And then again there's Reno. Sigh.

Pick up in Alaska, deliver in Atlanta. $2.50 per mile all miles, including deadhead. You got the load because sitting in Oregon you are the closest truck. We were sorry to see that one get by us on C-Link.:(

(;))

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Isn't that like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire?

Actually we were only here about an hour and got a great paying opp to Virginia.
Unfortunately we could not take it as my wifes clock was almost finished and I had been awake for 30 hours due to a dry run on monday morning.
Making money is great, but if I can't due it safely I'm not going to do it.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Bravo! True professionalism demonstrated here.

Indeed!! I've often said that this is the only job I've ever had that I simply cannot do when not rested.

Man's got to know his limitations.. ~Clint Eastwood~ LOL

(Actually, it was Dirty Harry)

MissKat

Expert Expediter
you are pulling my leg right? A TEam - you dont know how badly we WANT to go to Alaska.

No load offers to us since yesterday am - Ca to CA DDPS $1 a mile TVAL

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well officaly right now I can go to Alaska in a tractor trailer
so What the heck are they waiting for send me send me send me send me. send me send me send me.

I got 48Ft and 2 150 tanks so what they waiten for.

that is all.

Now where is the Mashed potatoes and Gravy???

to many Beans need Beano.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It has been a couple of weeks since Diane and I have seen any super-low-pay load offers or repeated offers. But we have been very busy too, running pre-dispatched on almost every run and running non-stop for days at a time on back-to-back long runs.

I'm wondering if others also have seen a reduction in low-pay offers and offers that are offered again and again even after they are declined? Or, is it that Diane and I have not seen them simply because we have been under load most of the time?

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
We have also been quite busy,and same as you have been getting pre-dispatched quite a bit.(unheard of for the most part in the surface fleet).

But when we are sitting and waiting for load offers,the low ball stuff finds it's way back to us.

And it's not always the pay that causes us to turn down loads,we keep a close watch on the weather and that can greatly affect where we do not want to go.

Case in point,last week we were in NC and got a load offer to Long Island City,NY. After we had watched the news showing the tornado that ripped through that area,we decided it wasn't for us even at $3.00 a mile.

The NYC area is challenging enough without having to dodge trees and deal with traffic control devices that are inoperable due to no power.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
The low paying opps are still coming in, but they are not repeatedly sending them without adding more money. I've also noticed that they have not woken me up at 0300 for a run 3 days out.
I have been running solo for the last week and have been very happy with the pay per mile. :D

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Sitting at the counter and 1052 miles for $1189.00 for a tractor Trailer.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The low paying opps are still coming in, but they are not repeatedly sending them without adding more money. I've also noticed that they have not woken me up at 0300 for a run 3 days out.

Diane and I have noticed the same. To those who criticize Open Forum members for posting their carrier complaints here, kindly note that complaints sent in privately numerous times by numerous contractors produced no change, but complaints posted here seemed to produce positive results.

The company is better because the public complaints were noticed. It got no better when the private complaints were easily ignored.