Looking into start expiditing

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So what happens when you brake down?
You contact the company you're driving for and let them know. If you're on a Load, you've gotta get your vehicle to a Cross Dock and put the freight on someone else's vehicle to Recover and continue on to the Receiver.
If you own the Truck or Van it's up to you to get it Towed to a $hop to get it Repaired. Your Expense. So you best have a healthy Emergency Fund built up prior to beginning expediting.

Reactions: quadflyer1

Kim

New Recruit
Driver
You contact the company you're driving for and let them know. If you're on a Load, you've gotta get your vehicle to a Cross Dock and put the freight on someone else's vehicle to Recover and continue on to the Receiver.
If you own the Truck or Van it's up to you to get it Towed to a $hop to get it Repaired. Your Expense. So you best have a healthy Emergency Fund built up prior to beginning expediting.
So if you break down and the freight gets put on someone else's vehicle then they get paid for the load?

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So if you break down and the freight gets put on someone else's vehicle then they get paid for the load?
BOTH Driver's will get paid whatever was agreed to over the phone between the Drivers and Dispatchers.
Based on cpm...loaded miles.

Last edited:

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My carrier would pay me the mileage I drove till the break down, the rescue truck would get the mileage from the rescue to the delivery.

Reactions: vandriver2

Kim

New Recruit
Driver
Not sure if I asked this but what is a good cpm for loads when talking to a fleet owner?

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure if I asked this but what is a good cpm for loads when talking to a fleet owner?
Example: You'll talk about splitting the Pay...say for instance you get 60% plus the Fuel Surcharge and the owner gets 40%.
Make sure you read the Owner's Contract you both Sign and agree to.

QuickPUD

Active Expediter
Researching
Stay east of the Mississippi and North of I-40. That is unless you ge offered enough to get yourself out of that not so good area.

Thanks, vandriver2. I will certainly keep that area in mind. Given what I have read, one could be risking long wait times after delivering outside of that zone. Is that the case?

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks, vandriver2. I will certainly keep that area in mind. Given what I have read, one could be risking long wait times after delivering outside of that zone. Is that the case?
One could grow very old, waiting in a dead area, get good money going in and turn and burn out!

Reactions: ntimevan