Looking for Company to lease to

GaTrucker05

Birthday Expediter
It's My Birthday!!!
Owner/Operator
I'm an over the road driver wanting to get into expediting.I have a cube van under 10,000 GVW.I'll be running team with my wife.Need a company that takes cube vans.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Wont take long reading here to figure out who will keep you running or at least the best shot at it.
Almost all expediting company's advertise here..Simply call them with your Q, and go from there. It may take a few calls to get thru to them or a return call..Keep in mind by filling out a application it kinda gets broadcasted somewhere so almost all of them have access to it..I wouldn't go that route but its up to you how you go about it. I also never knew anyone that got replies by broadcasting a application across the internet. Not saying it doesn't work, just don't know anyone who it worked for. Start by knocking on their doors. Look around the truck stops and you will soon see cube vans with stickers telling you who they are leased to. Try to talk with some of them and feel em out. Also keep in mind not all drivers will be truthfull, but neither will some recuiters..Its up to you to find out what works for you.
I am somewhat new as far as the industry goes but if you PM me I would be more then happy to tell you in my opinion who to look at and who to stay away from..Keep in mind my opinion doesn't mean they will or wont work for you.

We dont know what kinda of equipt you have so its best to start calling carriers..From what I hear the cubes vans are or maybe coming on strong in a attempt to get away from the cargo vans so it shouldnt be to hard to find someone to lease to if there is any truth to it.

guido4475

Not a Member
When do you want to go into this business? Can you wait until the Expedite Expo? A great thing to attend, most major carriers and a few smaller ones under one roof. And you'll get to meet alot of great people, as well, and learn from their knowledge. A 10,000 gvw cube-Get an empty weight on it, with everything in it, including you and you're wife. The empty weight may surprise you.

gflight

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I have 3 cube vans and they are signed on with a company called Ground Flight out of Kentucky. I have been with them for a little over 2 years. I am very happy with them. Your truck can't be over 10 years old, you must take your truck to there office to be inspected, have a min. insurance of 1 mil and 100 thousand, and clean driving record.
The person to talk to is David Brown or Paul Moyer. They are a fairly small company, but growing.
You never have to worry about getting paid. Of course this is my opinion, but they have some good response on here.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I have 3 cube vans and they are signed on with a company called Ground Flight out of Kentucky. I have been with them for a little over 2 years. I am very happy with them. Your truck can't be over 10 years old, you must take your truck to there office to be inspected, have a min. insurance of 1 mil and 100 thousand, and clean driving record.
The person to talk to is David Brown or Paul Moyer. They are a fairly small company, but growing.
You never have to worry about getting paid. Of course this is my opinion, but they have some good response on here.

I guess that's why your username is gflight? :cool:

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would go back to T/t you would be better off what are your reasons for wanting to get in this business?

guido4475

Not a Member
I agree with aquitted. Way too unstable as well as overpopulated business right now. Not like it used to be. Sorry'don't mean to be so negative, but just sayin.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I agree with aquitted. Way too unstable as well as overpopulated business right now. Not like it used to be. Sorry'don't mean to be so negative, but just sayin.

"Not like it used to be" - I guess it's all perspective. When I started in this business 1993 - there were only a handful of carriers. Choice of carriers were very, very limited.