Looking for A Coach. please help

trux4life2019

Expert Expediter
Hello Everyone. I am new to expediting. I own two tractors and a Stright Truck. All my trucks are contaracted through Panther. I am looking for a fleet owner or owner operator with experience to guide me through this business. I am looking for a fleet owner that can review my work strategy and help with any holes that are preventing me from seeing profit. For the last 3 months my bottom line has been looking very awful and I am about to run out of cash if I dont do something about it. PLEASE HELP!!! my phone number is 248-361-9576 and my name is Amer Batal

Thank you

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Hi Amer, sounds like what you need is a fleet manager. Might be something you might want to check into. Call Panther, I'm sure they can hook you up with one. :rolleyes:

trux4life2019

Expert Expediter
I am pretty good at managing my fleet. this is right now my full time job. I have the time to do it. I need someone with experience to teach me the in and out of the businesss so my trucks dont sit. when to stay on the expdited boards, when to to look for backhauls, what rate should I book a backhaul at? Relocate trucks from one board to another. I am looking for an effective strategy thats been working for other owners.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Do you run teams in those trucks ?

DH % ?
do you know the operating costs of each unit ?
do you spend money on maintenance ?
APU ?
Filtration solutions ?
Lower fuel Millage ?
do you pay the fuel ?

Dose your drivers make enough money ?

Moose.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
I am pretty good at managing my fleet. this is right now my full time job. I have the time to do it. I need someone with experience to teach me the in and out of the businesss so my trucks dont sit. when to stay on the expdited boards, when to to look for backhauls, what rate should I book a backhaul at? Relocate trucks from one board to another. I am looking for an effective strategy thats been working for other owners.

"I need someone with experience to teach me the in and out of the businesss so my trucks dont sit. when to stay on the expdited boards, when to to look for backhauls, what rate should I book a backhaul at? Relocate trucks from one board to another."

Yeah, that is what a fleet manager does. It's a person that has the experience to do it. :eek:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I'm not trying to get on anyones' case here... more words to consider if you're heading where Amer is now. The time to ask for guidance is not when you're at, or near, rock bottom. You need to ask when you first start in expediting, or at least when you start seeing trouble. Depending on Amer's funds, it may be too late. Let's hope not; and that someone can steer him in the right direction.