looking back over 20 year's

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
and knowing what I know now I would go with a 24 ' straight truck with tandem axles, lift gate
on a class 8 frame and a 48'' sleeper,102" wide roll up door. now you can keep a truck longer, when I went to a sprinter van, that was biggest van on road. with so many of companies they want you to replace truck after 7 year's , that has now changed with some. that way you would not have worry about how much a load weight
with a team for fedexcc or others, for ceva this would work
for the once in a while over night
as i'm coming to end here, there are companies that I deliver to , new people in charge we want no van's no sprinter van's as there not dock high
old people that were there before them they didn't care how you got there freight inside door
as long as it didn't get damage
reason van was sent in was way they park cars it made it harder for a bigger truck to get, limited space

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey geo. I'd still say you've made a good living for the last 20 years.

Hope we'll all will still have some driving left to do in the next 5 years.

But this article ...? Bummer!

"Within five years robots and so-called intelligent agents will eliminate many positions in customer service, trucking and taxi services, amounting to six percent of jobs, according to a Forrester report.

"By 2021, a disruptive tidal wave will begin," said Brian Hopkins, VP at Forrester, in the report. "Solutions powered by AI/cognitive technology will displace jobs, with the biggest impact felt in transportation, logistics, customer service, and consumer services."...........

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...kqF7dcltz-s9GqCdg&sig2=CudyKc5QrH4nTVk8s4LInQ

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
looking how far the sleeper's and truck's have come along from early day's of Roberts express
old f350, with a sleeper , 1800ud's which was the my first truck with a sleeper, was star class
just a plain Jane
than started reading all trucking news paper's and magazine , to find what would work on next truck
work with Dan to build a better mouse trap, and the fl 60 was a nice truck
western star was the best truck ever
then running local in sprinter
then l McCord came up with the big show and it took off from there
so once again thanks for what you have done for us

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
Look at early truck's, how rough they were and they got job done
Now there , like home away from home