Longest Layover?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Gotcha beat, Fall. Been here since Wed with one dry run AND getting passed over for another.

-A bore is a person who opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. - Henry Ford

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Why, ACE, would you spend 5 days in Kitchener Ontario?
After 5 days you got to go to Erie PA?
Let's see...according to Mapquest; from the Petro Pass (sort of) Truckstop on New Dundee road in Kitchener it's 98.9 miles to the Peace Bridge in Buffalo. Were you to go west; it's a whole 174 miles to the American end of the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit.
Those 5 days can never be recovered; wouldn't you stand a better chance of taking something somewhere within the USA from Buffalo?
Just wondering..........
I wonder too; exactly how legal sitting in another country for 5 days actually is.

>5 days in Kitchner,ON.
>Finally got a load that P/U in Cambridge ON. and went to
>Erie PA.

ACE

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hello Rob,

I was new at the time and was with Roberts Express.
They told us at orientation that the people who did well followed the lay over plans from dispatch. This was all before EO was around so allot of things were trial and error.

5 days was not a problem.

You do not need to worry about me going back to Canada I stopped going there in 2000.

drivingmecrazy

Seasoned Expediter
When we were real new we took a load out of Texas up to Salt Lake City- sat five days- our fleet owners called our company and raised a little #####- when we took the load they said they get 1 load out a day from Salt Lake- but they never said you had to have a Hazmat- so they empty moved us to El Paso! Not happy campers that week... never again!