Logging question

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
That was the Post I just read.

After explaining more than once to those who have been afraid to Log and seeing the benfits of a Straight Truck or larger and the profit margins.

I have never talked to one of those people who changed up and began logging who ever said they wished they stayed in the non logging type of vehicle.

If one is afraid of the logs, I from my expierence of logging would accept the logs in exchange for the profits any day any time. Sure its a responsibilty, but that comes with the Pay it brings as well.

This is just for those who think that Logging is the end to all end, its the start to making a living in this industry. Once UPON A TIME, Vans were the vehicles of what profits were made from, investment vs return. Now its 2007, and rules have changed.

Run4biz

Expert Expediter
Actually I wonder if this correct considering that some companies are not accepting vans and offering these loads to trucks instead. Just a thought.:)

Critter Truckin

Expert Expediter
The companies may try, but all the folks that are driving for a QC company (FedEx, Panther, et al.) are getting wiser to this. Especially when it says what the pay is right off the top. The only way that we woul ever take a van load, or any discounted freight, is to get us out of BFE, Washington. and even that didn't work at times

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Even a van load is better than waiting for that load that may never happen.How long are you going to wait for that load that isn't ever going to happe?Sure its nice to have those $2.00 mile loads,but,anything that gets you back to a busy area in the long run is profit.Dont make the mistake of just looking at the run being offered,sure it might be discounted,or for a vehicle couple sizes down,but if the load you took to get where you are,and this load are together in that profit margin,don't be sitting around hopeing to get another good load,or worst yet,if you took a not so interesting load to where you are,then youre going to have to bite the bullet and get out the best you can