rvoss70

Seasoned Expediter
Eventhough the expeditng companies profess 48 state coverage, it appears most companies are based in the Midwest and East; Why? Are there any companies based on the west coast? As a newbie it appears I will be commuting from AZ to join the expediting game.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Except for orientation, the company's location doesn't make any difference - with the internet, fax, US Mail, and Trippak, how often will you need to go to "the office"? Even if you're selected for a random drug screen, they will direct you to a location near where you are, when they want it done.
What does make a difference, is where you live, and how often you want to get home.

antdub33

Seasoned Expediter
Now that is a very good question ... as of now I live in the PA area or the I 81 corridor but was looking to move to casa grande az. but I wouldn’t be able to expedite with fedex cause they require teams out west being that I want to start out cargo that is a question that I will follow I still would like to move to the area but if its not cost effective then I will have to be re think things, now landstar recruiter has told me that it wouldn’t be a problem because they are trying to develop the 4corners being AZ,CAL,NV & UT and some of NM as well so what do you do?

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
March thru August I drove 4 corner area plus southern CA and was kept busy with Landstar driving a 22’ dry box with liftgate.

When it was time to visit home in NJ I would secure truck fly home instead of waiting for that full ride back to NJ then back west eliminating any DH, maintenance, tolls and general wear and tear.

Enjoyed not paying tolls for the most part heavy traffic plus the scenery was outstanding.

During that time when no loads were available I would take my 1982 Yamaha XT 550 enduro motorcycle out of the box lower it on the liftgate load up my backpack with 6-8 liters of water, map, snacks, jacket, tarp, emergency space blanket, compass, fire starter and head for the hills and desert. Best way I found to clear ones head and just enjoy off time.

Expediting the only way to go...