Locating the floor of the van.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Yes it had to be done. Yes the floor was missing or should I say messy. 10 walmart bags later I have located the floor, swept the van, poured some kind of smelly substance on the 4 x 8 plywood, Kaboom or something like that, and the germs left screaming and hollering. It wasn't a pretty picture.

The good part about this 2 hour episode was that I found tons of change, enough to eat out on for at least a week. Yeah!

I did put in 2 bathrooms too. Yes those 2 jugs have been installed under the bed with lids of course. The whole cargo area now smells like a flower garden instead of a barn. I have enhanced the decor with those automotive blue towels (paper rolls) of course that don't tear when doing other emergency moments we all have,lmao.

I will be having an open house tour of the van soon. Now Im working on locating the dashboard and when thats finished, the open house will commence. I know u all will want to stop by and see the new bathrooms and those lovely blue paper towels.

Right?

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Yes it had to be done. Yes the floor was missing or should I say messy. 10 walmart bags later I have located the floor, swept the van, poured some kind of smelly substance on the 4 x 8 plywood, Kaboom or something like that, and the germs left screaming and hollering. It wasn't a pretty picture.

The good part about this 2 hour episode was that I found tons of change, enough to eat out on for at least a week. Yeah!

I did put in 2 bathrooms too. Yes those 2 jugs have been installed under the bed with lids of course. The whole cargo area now smells like a flower garden instead of a barn. I have enhanced the decor with those automotive blue towels (paper rolls) of course that don't tear when doing other emergency moments we all have,lmao.

I will be having an open house tour of the van soon. Now Im working on locating the dashboard and when thats finished, the open house will commence. I know u all will want to stop by and see the new bathrooms and those lovely blue paper towels.

Right?

ROFL :D... pass me a blue tissue LOL ..... ROFL :D

Briliant, just brilliant - well done :D

moose

Veteran Expediter
I do Spring cleaning every summer, it is amazing how mach junk can come out of the rig.
strip it all the way down, and hose (!) the interior.
it is also amazing how many interesting lost items can be found inside.
DOT officers badges, bones of lost teenagers, exclusive shipments parts that have been long OSD's, no parking signs, over loud motorcycles spark plugs, shippers pens, and the head of grandma's 'no need to use turn signals'...

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I do Spring cleaning every summer, it is amazing how mach junk can come out of the rig.
strip it all the way down, and hose (!) the interior.
it is also amazing how many interesting lost items can be found inside.
DOT officers badges, bones of lost teenagers, exclusive shipments parts that have been long OSD's, no parking signs, over loud motorcycles spark plugs, shippers pens, and the head of grandma's 'no need to use turn signals'...

I have an extra cellphone to call the one I use most of the time because its never where I left it.lol:D

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
Hmmmm... insight into the hygeine habits of people who live in small metal boxes with wheels...

Am I the only one who completely cleans the interior of the van and stows every piece of gear after every single delivery?

I also wash the van including the engine and undercarriage within hours of leaving any area where the roads have been salted. Once it's been blow dried the grease gun comes out and the chassis gets lubed. I do the regular wash and wax every week regardless. I even replace the plywood on my floor if it gets more than a few gouges in it.

Too obsessive? Maybe... but people always comment that my van looks brand new.

fired at you from my Droideka

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Hmmmm... insight into the hygeine habits of people who live in small metal boxes with wheels...

Am I the only one who completely cleans the interior of the van and stows every piece of gear after every single delivery?

I also wash the van including the engine and undercarriage within hours of leaving any area where the roads have been salted. Once it's been blow dried the grease gun comes out and the chassis gets lubed. I do the regular wash and wax every week regardless. I even replace the plywood on my floor if it gets more than a few gouges in it.

Too obsessive? Maybe... but people always comment that my van looks brand new.

fired at you from my Droideka

Now thats a clean van IMHO:D