Load Opps

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We read the screen wrong on a load opp and did not realize the deadhead miles were not included in the total pay. This really skewed the pay per mile and we will not read another screen wrong.

criticalmass

Seasoned Expediter
Has anyone been offered load under the new system? If so how did you like it or dislike it?
We have received offers on the new system and we have had great success with it. As far as the offers being low paying, we have had great paying runs. We have refused 3 offers on the new system because the quote was too low, yet we got better offers later on 2 of them after dispatch cycled through their trucks available list.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
found 2 things that need tweeked,1st,if your running and your co driver is asleep,and no where to get off the road,it is very difficult to respond to the offer,as its asking for the run number.second,same senario,but the offer comes by cell phone,hard to put your id number in while in motion,well, that is for me,as my fingers are to fat for my pda

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
When you get the load opp and you need to record the number I have my calculator handy and just input the number in it and then go to the 31 screen no need to write it down. Might just have to remember the last number but usually a 1 so not a problem. Easier than trying to write, drive and answer the clink at the same time. NOT THAT I WOULD EVER answer the clink while driving down the road. LOL!!!

Reactions: 1 person

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Great idea have you sent this idea to Dave Hill to put in the weekly newsletter? Great tip.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
i liike new system,but it is a safety hazard.unless your co driver is awake,or you have a place to stop your truck,putting the numbers in either your cell or c-link is going to cause someone to wreck.The thing with the calculator is great idea,but now you need 3 hands if you are driving,try this in a construction or in traffic.I know they are working on a system for voice activate,they better hurry.