Load One Trucks sitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I got many calls from my friends that have trucks on with Load1 asking if our trucks are sitting. Our trucks are running like crazy at our carrier. I checked Load1 safety rating and this may be why their drivers are sitting. Look at Load1 safety rating.

SAFER Web - Company Snapshot LOAD ONE LLC

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
No one likes a "Conditional" rating. But I'm sure they are ALL OVER getting whatever issues that caused it straightened right up.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What is many calls, what is trucks? as far as I have seen straights are moving just fine.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Conditional; Records indicate that the carrier was out of compliance with one or more safety requirements.

That is a pretty VAGUE description?.....someone did not have a seat belt on?.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Could be conditional to some Facebook rants..

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Panther Premium Logistics show an "Unrateable" Safety score?....

Out of Service1717
Out of Service % 33.3%

LOAD ONE
Inspections6869
Out of Service2020
Out of Service % 29.4% 29%

Would seem to me....something screwy in the numbers!

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I clicked on the SMS side and that's why I don't want to hire any drivers and if I did they would have their own authority, and insurance.

I'm sure we can all look forward to our decent scores being destroyed since the media and politicians are exploiting the NJ and CA truck wrecks.

Be safe.
Bob Wolf.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Straight trucks and Sprinters. Load1 is a great company and I'm not trying to bash them. I'm just pointing out the safety rating has changed and this could be the reason why.

Sent from my SM-N900P using EO Forums mobile app

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Straight trucks and Sprinters. Load1 is a great company and I'm not trying to bash them. I'm just pointing out the safety rating has changed and this could be the reason why.

Yet you created a thread about it rather than just let your friends know?

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

Then why create a thread like this??

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Panthers score is Satisfactory OVM, which the best score you can get. Why did you bring that up? A conditional safety rating is given to a carrier that just went threw a audit with DOT that has failed. This rating effects a carriers ability to get loads.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Panthers score is Satisfactory OVM, which the best score you can get. Why did you bring that up? A conditional safety rating is given to a carrier that just went threw a audit with DOT that has failed. This rating effects a carriers ability to get loads.

Because Bruno....the NEXT column it says.....UNRATEABLE........and yet the Cat has more violations...???

Review Information
Rating Date:03/10/2008 Review Date:06/02/2014
Rating:Satisfactory Type:Non-Ratable

Last edited:

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still waiting on explaination of " Unrateable " means?...

Unrelatable (verb) the car driver screwed up or alien invasion, some times sh happens, In other words, the CMV driver was not at fault but we're going to blame the professional driver anyway.

Bob Wolf.

Last edited:

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
When you have that many trucks you're going to have a bad apple here or there, and a couple of those can have an effect on your score. If you have a couple guys who get hit for silly form and manner stuff that can add up and give you a bad score on HOS. Then the whole thing with warnings still counting against you.

As to trucks sitting: At any time you can have a truck or two sit for a bit. It happens with any company and there are any manner of reasons that can lead to a truck sitting for a bit. The driver takes a load to a bad area, or the driver has an "I don't wanna" list a mile long and won't go here and won't go there. We're not nearly the size of Load 1 but I can tell you week in and week out that certain of our trucks are going to run better than others and most of the time it's going to be some of the same guys getting more miles. Those are usually the drivers who don't have an "I don't wanna" list. If you sit there and tell dispatch a huge list of areas you won't go or sit there and always say you need to go in a certain direction, you're going to possibly limit your options.

I don't know if that's the case, but I'd guess there's more to it than the safety rating.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unrelatable (verb) the car driver screwed up or alien invasion, some times sh happens but, were going to blame the professional driver anyway.

Bob Wolf.

It goes to show just how this CSA crap is out of whack....

an audit could be a problem tracking paperwork failure ?

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I'm curious just how many shippers take the time and understand the score system before sending a load out?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Dave,

Thanks for your post and your concern. But no, I don't think it has had much effect. We only had a few smaller customers that chose to wait till it is returned to satisfactory. Most of our customers fully understood the rating was based on a log audit that fell during the severe winter storms and have stayed extremely loyal to us. For that I thank them. Our straights and tractors have been moving just fine for the most part. The sprinters for some reason the last few weeks have had more pockets of sitting, yet others are moving strong.

I am extremely proud of our safety numbers and the reality behind them. I have a number of issues with CSA and how it rates and ranks as I feel it is deceptive. Irwin Shires at Panther will tell you the same thing as they have fought it as well. I am confident we have already completed the requested actions of the FMCSA and we will see our rating returned shortly.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.