Load One 2021

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Crazy. I have to renew my drivers license in person and it expires end of April..... 1st appt showing is June and I have to jump on the system like that and I try and get one as well. You would think they would just extend the expirations a year till they are back fully open.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There going to have to extend the expiration dates again, I'm just surprised they haven't done it yet. The current expiration extension expires on the 31st.

Using the confirmation email, cancel/reschedule link at 8am & 12 noon M-F to reschedule, clicking back on the calendar for a earlier date and pouncing on the first thing you see, seems to work lol. 5 minutes past that time, and seems your out of luck.

Reactions: jelliott

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Finally, the Secretary of State stuff is done.

This was a 1st.
1st in Line, 1st Appointment, 1st out the door in record time, lol.
Hey, I like this appointment stuff, now that I know I need to make one in advance :rolleyes:

New Drivers License, Registration & Tag, even bought a nice looking new Mackinac Bridge License plate. Mine was 10 years old and was showing it's age. I was rather surprised, it only cost $5, I thought it was a lot more expensive for some reason.

Just need to get squared away with the office and I'll be all set.

With that out of the way, I think I'll knock out my Taxes before I hit the road again. I've normally done them early, but I was waiting to see what late tax changes may happen. Also, finding out that business taxes don't get the new extension to file changed my plan, oops.

Then I'll be free until my Birthday on April 15, when I need to be back for my 2nd Covid shot.

Speaking of the shot, besides a few hypochondriac side effect symptoms, the only thing I had was pain at the injection site. I thought I was home free, until the pain started 9 hours later. It actually got pretty painful and made it a little difficult to sleep. I'd give it a 6 on a 1-10 scale. It was much better by the next morning. The next shot is suppose to be worse they said. Something to look forward to ;)

Happy-Dance-1.png

Reactions: Turtle

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I still cant even get an appt. By time I fill it out it says booked or the calendar wont load and it says too many people are trying... Uggghhh.

• Sad

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Apparently, Kentucky looked at Michigan's system and said, "Yeah, let's do that!"

Kentucky is in the process of moving driver's licensing away from the Circuit Court Clerk office in every county to regional Dept of Transportation offices that will handle only licensing. The move should be complete by mid 2022.

Currently, when it's time to renew, you just go over to the clerk's office at the courthouse and renew it. There might be one or two people in front of you, but that's it. But now it's gonna be the Michigan Way. They will take walk-ins, but they say those will be limited.

I renewed mine last year, so I don't have to deal with it for awhile.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Leave it to Michigan to start a trend :tearsofjoy:

Taxes done. No tax hair again.
Actually, ever since I started using an accounting software program.
Taxes have been a breeze :cool:

Guess I've run out of excuses to be home for a while ;)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Apparently, I can find more reasons not to hit the road.
Having a tough time getting motivated to leave

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Greetings from Bellingham, WA. Where they have Murder Hornets and stuff.

It's cold here, and the Murder Hornets are ground nesters, hibernaters, so I'm hoping they stay asleep for a while.

I managed to scarf up an appointment tomorrow morning at a Walgreens out on Fidalgo Island for the covid vaccine. It's the one shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine, too. So that'll be good.

If I die from it, well, I'll be mad for a few days, but I'll get over it.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow, your really out of my travel zone :cool:

I dropped off next to Cedar Point on Friday. After assessing my odds of getting a Friday load vs. spending the weekend in the van...I ended up driving home. I was planning on going out of service for at least weekend.

Wasn't home long before a surprise Covid Testing run came up.

I was rather surprised to say the least sitting at #14, 80 miles away, and no one else wanted it?
Yeah it had some strings attached, but dang it paid very well.
Pick up on Friday, Deliver Sunday Morning, Pick up 8 hours later, return drop Monday Morning.
Romulus to Grand Rapids area, back to Romulus...and now back home for the week lol.

Sign me up for that run any time, and I didn't even complain about the hand unloading and loading lol.
:happyhappy:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Soooo, I wake up this morning to the news that CDC and the FDA are pausing the J&J vaccine. Not a mandated stoppage, but a recommended pause. If the provider and the patient feel it's worth the risk, it can still be given.

An hour before my appointment, Walgreens canceled my appointment.

The one-shot vaccines like the AstraZeneca in Europe and the J&J appears to cause a sinus thrombosis (blood clot on the veins that drain the blood from the brain) in rare cases, and they don't know why, or even if there is a cause from the vaccine.

It happens in the general, un-vaccinated population at a rate of 5 per million.

With the J&J vaccine it happened 6 times in 6.85 million doses. Literally less-than one in a million.

So at first blush, it appears the vaccine actually reduces the rate of occurrence. :JC-hysterical:

So, I snagged an appointment tomorrow morning at the Arlington Municipal Airport in Sonomish County. It's a mile from this Pilot up here. They have a mass drive-thru vaccination site. I got a 0915 time.

It's for the Phizer vaccine, so I'll need to find another dose of Phizer in 3-6 weeks. The second dose must be the same manufacturer.

Getting a second dose can be tricky. Providers are shipped doses in pairs, so they might not have any spare second doses that aren't already spoken for. In an article I read, the head of the Nevada HHS suggested going in and asking for a first dose, instead. They'll have those, and then they'll have a spare second dose for someone else. That's from an official official. Just lie, she said. :eek:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That would be a interesting spin they could put on it. Hey...It improves your risk of a blood clot

I’ll be getting my 2nd shot of Pfizer’s on Thursday. My Birthday gift

The side effects are supposedly much worse the 2nd time around according to who gave me the 1st shot. We shall see

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: jelliott and Turtle