Load bars

Bearcat

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I am looking for load bars for my FL 70. All the places I have talked to in minnesota don't know what I am talking about. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Try asking for Load Lock bars,or if you have E tracks ask for E track bars.Most general truck supply or material management companies will have them.Barring that a good sized truck stop will have them,but you will pay a premium..

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I don!t know if you received my E mail so I will post my answer here.What you are referring to is called landing gear. This what supports the front of a trailer when the tractor is removed. Any truck body or trailer repair facility should be able to help you on this. Another term is dolly legs,make sure when you get them that one crank raises and lowers both sides.I had a truck once that had separate cranks for each side and it was a nusiance to have to walk around and do each side.I also know of a Fedex guy in Cleveland that has his landing gear operated by air pressure but I believe it costs about 2 k for that..

Bearcat

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I already looked into the landing gear. To much added weight. I read the requirements for fedexcc and panther II ( when I was concidering them) and both mention safety support legs or load bars rated at 35000 lbs. Take a look at there web site and you will see it. I thought there might be some kind of special legs that attach in the rear of the truck. I'll keep on looking. If you find anything, appreciate it if you pass it my way.
Keep on truck'in

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
for load locks call tsi and ask for dan 800 388 3850