Liz Cheney.....oh boy.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just got done reading LIz's book and most of what was said about Trump was not really anything new. What I did learn is how Mike Johnson came from nowhere to being speaker, he sold his soul to the devil himself (Trump).

The other thing I learned is that there were a lot more Republicans who would have voted for impeachment the second time but they were worried for the safety of their families back home. They saw what the Trumpers did on Jan 6th and wanted no part of that.

Im not a conservative but I will give her credit, she stood up for what was right and didnt back down, good for her, we need more like her in our government.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The voters in her home state of Wyoming have already told us all we need to know about Liz Cheney. Her political career is over, but she might have a future on MSNBC.

Reactions: muttly

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
She lost by 50 points and was the INCUMBENT.
Yep, she knew she had a decision to make, either uphold her oath to the constitution or take a knee in front of Trump. She made the right decision.

She detailed this in her book, how she spoke to people who she knew most of her life that believed the lies and would not accept the truth. There was a day when she saw someone with a sign that said "Liz Cheney is a traitor" She invited them in and listened to what they had to say, and it was all the same lies that Trump has repeated over and over and they would not accept the actual truth.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Dick’s daughter had to go. Good for Wyoming.

Probably not.

Cheney was in the House Leadership, her replacement for her congressional seat is not.

Instead Cheney's replacement in GOP Leadership is from ... (wait for it) .... Nu Yark !!!

Leave it to (some subset of) the MAGA-tards to screw themselves ... all in the process of showing allegiance to Orange Fraud™

:clapping-happy:

Reactions: Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Yep, she knew she had a decision to make, either uphold her oath to the constitution or take a knee in front of Trump. She made the right decision.

She detailed this in her book, how she spoke to people who she knew most of her life that believed the lies and would not accept the truth. There was a day when she saw someone with a sign that said "Liz Cheney is a traitor" She invited them in and listened to what they had to say, and it was all the same lies that Trump has repeated over and over and they would not accept the actual truth.
You can find her book in the fiction section, next to her father Dick’s books.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Probably not.

Cheney was in the House Leadership, her replacement for her congressional seat is not.

Instead Cheney's replacement in GOP Leadership is from ... (wait for it) .... Nu Yark !!!

Leave it to (some subset of) the MAGA-tards to screw themselves ... all in the process of showing allegiance to Orange Fraud™

:clapping-happy:
The “Orange Fraud” is leading in the polls.
:joycat:
IMG_5517.jpeg