Lifts

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
Just wondering what your preferences for lifts are - tuck under, rail gate, slider? I was thinking a rail gate would be good for a couple or reasons. First is they don't seem to get beat up the way a lot of tuck unders do, generally have larger platforms, don't interfere with an ICC bumper and still leave room for a pintle hitch. That said it occurred to me there other day that when down but not deployed the RG precludes using the bumper as a step..........which I do pretty frequently.

So what do you all think is a good choice that will allow:
A. a step of some sort
B. a degree of under ride protection
C. fitting of a pintle hitch for future trailer use.
D. lights - lots of lights. LOL

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I think the one Teamcaffee has on their truck is really good. Mine just sits there but the ICC bumper can't be locked - which for the cat plant is a good thing.

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
I don't really care about locking to docks, in fact I've never even seen one of those things. For me the bumper is little more than a step to climb in the box and a place for dock bumpers.

fatboy

Seasoned Expediter
We use have a truck with anthony tuckaway l/g,it had dot bumper alway across where it made a little lip ,to use as a step love it.

Kyreax

Seasoned Expediter
Disclaimer: I do not expedite yet, I merely do local town deliveries up to 4000# total weight

I have a Mitsubishi FUSO FE-649 16' dryvan with a tuck-under Waltco liftgate (1600# rating, I think).

I had the option of buying a big, get-in-the-way one that hovered behind the door but the tuck-under is awesome.

It's never been in my way. In fact, a rail one would always be in my way.

It's small, but it will fit a couple pallets side by side, and that's really all I need.

Thumbs up for the tuck-under.