Lift Gate

Hyperdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would like to have a lift gate installed on our 2007 Sterling class 7 truck.
Anyone have a dealer they have done business with that they would recommend?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I was very happy with the MBB/Interlift factory branch in Cerritos, Ca.
Great work, was able to sell me a like new demo.
They have a branch over in Jersey also.
I do not believe you'll find a better quality gate.

Hino3325

Seasoned Expediter
What sort of weight rating are you looking for?
just remember you can always find a very good used one for a fraction of a new one.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Just remember you want a good install.
Nothing worse than messing up a load by not having the gate work at pickup or delivery.
Or fail and hurt someone.
I just did an awesome 3 mile, Sunday am load because customer required a remote control gate.
Previously the freight came off the gate, into the bushes, on top of the driver.
800 lbs.
Team, remote control gate so both drivers can be holding the freight, are now required.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I like Aluminum platforms.

The bigger, the better. Trying to maneuver a tall heavy pallet can be a job.,
Cart stops are a must, IMHO.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
To save money I went with a new Anthony 2500 pound capacity and a steel wedge style platform. I would not do it again.
I would get a 3500 to 4500 pound capacity with a very large aluminum platform with cart stops and remote control.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I had my old gate removed, the nice demo installed,alum deck, cart stops, remote, 12" rear porch, and steps for $3500 about four years ago.

Hino3325

Seasoned Expediter
I bought a used Maxon 3000# aluminum platform double cylinder tuckunder off of a 2012 written off International, condition was very good didn't look like it had much use for $2500.
I looked at it first and seen it operate and then told the dismantler where to cut the frame under the box and dock bumpers from behind the box. Then me and a friend who welds for a living installed it and its been working perfect. If I was to buy new, same gate would of been around $8-9 grand including install and taxes.
I also bought another liftgate from eBay motors about 5 years ago, had it shipped installed at a shop for under $4000, haven't had any problems with that one either.

You don't have to buy used but keep it in mind because most of these liftgate dealers or truck equipment dealers will have used ones for sale as well and they also buy them off written off trucks.
Just make sure u buy one that has a large platform and is a level lift, a built in wheel stop is a nice feature but I don't have one on mine I've been using something else for a wheel stop when I need it.
Btw by large platform I'm meaning a minimum of about 60"x80"

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
The Lehman is a double fold, it is heavier and harder to lift. It is not as large as the MBB. The MBB tucked under better. I disliked the leyman on the sterling we had as well.

Here's a photo of the MBB on the red truck vs leyman on the white

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403234974117.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403234974117.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 54
  • uploadfromtaptalk1403234995009.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403234995009.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 52

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Lehman is a double fold, it is heavier and harder to lift. It is not as large as the MBB. The MBB tucked under better. I disliked the leyman on the sterling we had as well.

Here's a photo of the MBB on the red truck vs leyman on the white

Looks like you tie your laundry to the back of the truck to save on dryer fees. smart girl!
I'm gonna try that next time.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Looks like you tie your laundry to the back of the truck to save on dryer fees. smart girl!
I'm gonna try that next time.

That was the great lakes convoy last year. I do know a guy who rolls his rugs and runs them over after washing to squish all the water out of them

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have used Craftsmen in the Saint Louis area for our lift gate work and they have done a fantastic job.

Due to the length of our truck we have always used a slider, aluminum with large platform.
Here is the web site:

https://www.palfinger.com/en-US/usa/products/lift-gates

This lift gate has all the bells and whistles with the best features - self leveling & feel controls. The lift gate has never given me a heart attack leaning the wrong way or raising at an angle.

The lift gate will be on our next truck once again.

Craftsmen - 3755 Mueller Rd, St Charles, MO 63301
(636) 757-0500