Let's talk playoffs!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
At this point, the NFC division champs are locked, with the exception of the South. Tampa should have that title next week. Also, the seeding is pretty much assured, unless GB totally chokes the next three weeks. The wildcard, also, is like quickly hardening concrete. The Giants are unlikely to lose their invitation to either Seattle or Tampa. And I don't see anyone knocking off the Vikings, who are on a surge.

The AFC is a different story, however. The Steelers (notice how I spelled it) could possibly lose two of their final three games. If Cleveland can win out, they'll have the North. I'd love to see that! The Chargers and Colts haven't secured their divisions, tho I'd be completely surprised if they don't. The wildcard is up in the air, as is seeding. Currently, it looks as if the bye week is locked with the Pats and Colts. The Chargers can catch the Steelers for #3, if Pittsburgh struggles down the stretch. Jacksonville is a lock for a #5 wildcard spot, barring total meltdown. Outside looking in are the Bills and Titans trying to catch the Browns for that final playoff spot. The best bet would be if the Bills were to beat the Browns this week, thus winning a tie-breaker, should those two have equal records at the end of the season.

Let's hear some smack from EO's football fanatics!

-A bore is a person who opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. - Henry Ford

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I went to the game yesterday and watched the Jags wipe Carolina 37-6. The Jags have 3 games left,the Steelers (tough one) the Raiders(no contest) and Houston ( ??????) . I think Jacksonville will make it into the second round and lose to Indy or NE. One of those two will play the Pack in the Super Bowl and I would like to see the Pack win.I am tired of Peyton Manning,Tom Brady,Tony Romo but Brett Farve is a guy we can all relate to.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Of course I'd like to see the Packers win the Super Bowl because I'm a fan. You it gets lonely being a Packers fan this far south, but hey Favre is from Mississippi. I think they will be playing NE. Of course just about everyone around here is a Cowboys fan and looking them to pull it off. I'd like to see the Packers win the Super Bowl and Favre be able to retire on a high note at the end of a very good season. I hope he doesn't do like some and play to far past the end of his prime and leave a bad image for himself.

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
Heck if the Cowboys had a hard time beating the lions i'll say they have no chance in winning the SB.

Me, im going for my team... The Dolphins

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Neon... I'm saying it here first. Dolphins are gonna beat the Pats! Or, at least, not get blown out. Reason? Their team holds the undefeated season record. It's gonna come down to a matter of pride, which may be enough to top the Pats. Remember... Miami defeated the Bears in 85 for their only loss. Miami has their heritage to defend.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Miami is the only team in the modern NFL to be undefeated.

Jayman

Expert Expediter
At this point...I am just glad to see the Colts get a bye week. Dont need HFA. But, resting all 125 of our injured players for a week will help. (Would of said 126...but, Peyton is still healthy) :7

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
LIONS, LIONS, LIONS, LIONS, LIONS, LIONS, LIONS..... I have till this evening right to keep my hopes up, LIONS, LIONS, LIONS, LIONS, LIONS.

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Well, from what the Colts and Pats are saying...they wont be resting their starters much this week. Not sure what next brings of course. In my opinion...they should rest their starters "some". If they play key players for the whole game...I hope nobody gets hurt. Hate to see people get hurt. Plus, it could wreck a playoff run. But, I am just a fan.

KYoung

Expert Expediter
I agree I never posted it here but I think your right on, the phins to win over the pats. They have nothing to lose.

GO Browns, Go Buckeyes!!!

Ken
Leam 4474