Let's Talk Deadheading home!

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Are you sure about that 128 degrees Falligator?

Oklahoma Geography from NETSTATE
Well, it was way back in 1994. It was definitely hot. Guess I'll have to check the records for the hottest day of 1994 at Fort Sill, but I can't remember the exact temp. The drill seargents wouldn't let us do anything strenuous that day b/c of a risk of dehydration. that was the hottest temps I've been in. My regular duty station was Schofield barracks, Hawaii and it never got that hot there. I think the hottest it ever got when i was there was in the 90's.
I also checked a couple of databases and they said the record for nearby Lawton, Ok was 114F in June 94...same month I was there. I'm sure Ft. Sill was a little warmer since it is a little south of Lawton. I couldn't check the temps for August 94 since I couldn't find a database that had them.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I drive for FedEx and do a lot of work in AZ. I have had many loads out of Tuscon, more than any other AZ location. Most were long, good paid loads too. Many loads into AZ from other places. Layoutshooter

Kyreax

Seasoned Expediter
I drive for FedEx and do a lot of work in AZ. I have had many loads out of Tuscon, more than any other AZ location. Most were long, good paid loads too. Many loads into AZ from other places. Layoutshooter

Hey, can you enlighten me as to your truck setup?

C/D class?

box size?

reefer? liftgate?

White Glove stuff? no?

Thanks!

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Back when fuel was cheaper about 2 somthing Id dead head to a good area. Now I dont do it. 500 bongo bucks to fill a tank geesh at 4.28 a gallon na. the way I see it it wont be long till there isnt no more expedite and there will just be Company drivers driven company trucks. The OOP are soon to be a thing of the past. So in my travels I give the credit adue to those that are still in the business.
IF you watched a OOP go from 5 Trucks and 3 trailers ta 2 Trucks and 1 Trailer. Then Ud know what Im talking about.
Some of it may have been bad business decisions the latter will be of the high prices of fuel;. I refues to here that Fuel Surcharge covers as I know it dont. they raised the price of Surchages and droped the Rate of Freight to give the companies there discount. I other words they get it done for the same price . somthing to think about before U buy a Truck. I have Im not. Just for that reason. By the way I said it all along I listen ta My PA and He said dont do it Drive for some one else. Its not worth loosing your but. :)
No Chains Allowed
ICEROADTRUCKER
Ridge Runner.

rdtrpn

Seasoned Expediter
Panther is excellent in this area. They have what they call the hometyme board. If you've been out for more than 3 weeks or so you can be placed on that board. Any refusal of a load not going toward where you need to go isn't counted against you. QUOTE]

Uh, excuse me, WRONG!! Not counted against you?! Thats what i thought too. Until last week when i turned a load down going the wrong way from home and was knocked back to 4th in position.