Lengthening a Semi Frame

bayouhotshot

Seasoned Expediter
Just curious if anyone has done or any info on someone that will Lengthen my frame or does this professionally. I'm interested in paying someone. I understand the liabillty. I also know it get's done all the time, and with the proper procedures it is not only do-able, but just as safe as at least 95% of the trucks running down the road today
lots of people are doing frame stretching but looking for someone in texas I fond one place but $4,000 is to much $$$ for me and said it would take 2 weeks dont want to be down that long any phone numbers will help

guido4475

Not a Member
That price is not too far out of line. and 2 weeks is about right, remember, you get what you pay for.Phil Robrtson truck sales in Mt. Vernon, Ohio does a flawless, excellent job. He has done a few for me, and I highly recommend him.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Yes ,this is a good price ,depending on how big of a limo you'll need ,steel is somewhat expensive lately.
this is a 3 to 4 days work ,less if they can look on the truck in advanced .
maybe they outsource some of the work ?
i know the Freightliner/Volvo dealer in southern Minnesota is stretching trucks more or less on a regular basic ,the Des-Moines Volvo dealer as well . (don't know bou't T.X...)

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was at Bolt in Fort Wayne yesterday and they have a Cascadia there that a guy bought new and stretched! He was in such a hurry he couldn't wait for one to be built with the wheelbase he wanted. It's a mega-bunk, small box, full white glove truck. After it was built, he backed out of the deal. WOW... I think Stoops would probably be willing to deal on it...

bayouhotshot

Seasoned Expediter
I just cant be down for 2 weeks talk to someone in tennessee today $3,000-$3,500 but down for 2 weeks
I have the frame section already i only want to make one cut on the frame i have tires wheels air lines just need to do the drive shaft when its done