Legal Logging

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
Can anyone tell me what speed you can legally log???

And remember this might just be a trick question.

G

I would say it safe to log 3 MPH under the speed limit. But We always write our starting mileage and ending mileage on our log book and it works out just fine. Just as long as your not speeding.

Drive safe

Dave Mayfield
FEDExCC/Roberts Express O/O Since 3/1/1995
C1847,C2045,D3397,D5047

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
As I said this is a trick question. You are "legally" required to log what you run, therefore if you are running at 75 MPH then you are "legally" required to log at 75 MPH. If you are averaging you MPH then you are falsifying your logs. But of course everyone will tell you to average your speed at no more that 65 MPH or your company will send those nasty little letters telling you that you are speeding.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'd say as long as you aren't logging over the posted legal limit you should be ok.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

wombat4412

Seasoned Expediter
well my lease company conway-now opps forgot new name conway expedite & brokeage states that if you log at 60 mph you are safe i myself & my co driver watch this if these nasty letters as you said comes in espically when we are in the 70 & 75 mile states as most computers to my knowledge is set up this way as it cannot work out between the low states & higher speed limit states ,,

know what would be much easier if every state out there could sit down together at the table share a case of beer and set a uniform limit across the whole country be it 65 or 70 as any faster than that is now getting dangerous in stopping it in time hey guys & girls we are not in our cars we are in trucks be it 6 wheelers or 18 wheelers and these things take a bit longer to stop in a emerency yes i know ABS & the good braking systems available today but try stopping with a full load on at 75 mph or even 65 straightaway we all know this but think about it next time you are running up the road can i stop this beast in time ?? not forgetting the rising fuel costs is wow as most of the companys set there loads at 50 mph or around that well i know conway does

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
After starting with my present company I was written up for "speeding " - averaging 68 m.p.h. whilr all the states I drove in during that period had a 70 m.p.h. speed limit . I asked if I could only average 65 m.p.h. in those states what was I permitted to average in states where trucks were limited to 55 m.p.h. ? I was told 65 m.p.h. . Go figure .

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There was a crash here in Houston a few days ago where an 18 wheel truck following too closely (done by the vast majority of truck drivers in all size trucks) wasn't able to stop and a fiery crash resulted killing a woman in a car.

EO Forum Moderator
----------

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My first company told us in orientation if we were in states with speed limits over 60 to put the speed limit in parenthesis next to the miles travelled. It's pretty stupid to say someone is speeding if their average is below the posted limit.

EO Forum Moderator
----------

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
I have another question to pose: Do any of you guys and gals know the last line of the U.S. Constitution?:)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Amendment XXVII
No law, varying the compensation for the services of the Senators and
Representatives, shall take effect, until an election of Representatives shall have intervened.

but if you are talking about the last line in the actual paper that was signed than;

Attest: William Jackson, Secretary

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
No, actually you have to read the fine print...

NOTE!!!!!
"Truck drivers: None of the above applies."

Hope you don't mind my little attempt at humor. But sometimes it seems very true. If you have driven as long as I have I think you will get my meaning on this subject.:+

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
LOL Oh yes I get that one but the threats from some people have scared me legal... Has anyone seen the P2 Log system? Its 100% intergrated with the QC, they have a big screen with your log, co-driver log, and truck log and they better match! The truck log shows where the truck was at evrey 15 min and what speed it was going, it knows how many miles have gone from 12am to 1159pm, it knows when your awake, it knows when your asleep, so for goodness sake you better be good... Alright theres my comedy...