Leasing a cargo van

jimare

Seasoned Expediter
Hi Guy's was looking into leasing a van from Pensky with no mileage charge, and they take care of all maintenance, outside of buying a van out right. I retired from over the eight years ago and thinking of giving EXP. FREIGHT a try. If it is not my cup of tea then I really would not need a van. I talked to Expedite 1 and they seemed to be pretty straight shooters, recruiters are like lawyers if their lips are moving they are probably fibbing! Any thoughts in this matter would be appreciated.
Thanks Gizmo

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I have a straight truck lease through Penske
My lease is set up like this
A flat monthly fee
.08 cents a mile which covers my maintenance, loaner trucks, truck washes etc
so 5000 miles in a month would cost me $400
Not sure if they set it up different for a van, but check it out
Also they charge you taxes. All of the fees are tax deductible when you do your taxes.
Penske is nice because they have service centers in every state/major city and will give you loaner trucks. Not sure if that would work if your using Qualcomm though.
Any Questions, PM me
As far as which company and if it's a good time to hop in, keep reading. Also consider driving for an owner, then if it's not your cup of tea, you don't have all the time and money that you invested in your own van:)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
The new QC's are totally portable including what use to be the big dome that is no loger used on the new units....

jimare

Seasoned Expediter
Hi Chefdennis, thanks for the info. I still live in the past. Does Bolt require a CDL or standard license? I let mine go ten years ago, and should not need one with a cargo van with no hax. mat.
Thanks again Gizmo

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Hi Chefdennis, thanks for the info. I still live in the past. Does Bolt require a CDL or standard license? I let mine go ten years ago, and should not need one with a cargo van with no hax. mat.
Thanks again Gizmo

Why not call Anne at Bolt and ask her, she will be upfront with you from what I hear. She doesn't bite :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You are correct, but besides Bolt, I don't know of any company that uses them.

E-1 is slowly switching the fleet over or was...till the slow down..I guess they are pricey....especially when the old models do the job and are paid for...hard for a company to absorb the expenditure at this time...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
No CDL needed at Bolt for anything under 10,001 gvw....As was said, give Anne a call, she will NOT lie to you....