lease purchase

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well i just got wind of the new program that panther will / is rolling out a lease prurchase program for st,trucks through on ramp 06/ 07 trks/ around 400,000 im not sure about apus but the payments are a little steep 575.per/wk 2300 /mo.
Now w/ith the new 73% accep.rate you will have to live in this truck consantly. Im not sure if the 575 includes ins. But if you add on the expenses that panther adds on weekly im figuring you will need around 800.00 to start your week.
With all said if you run on an avg of 2300 hundred a week that does not leave much to the trk. Has anyone looked into this , if your getting more than 2300 mi. Per week let me know ive been out 6 weeks and avg 1900 wk.as a team not good. Cant figure there sys. Out in a year and half but i got a jacket out of it

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I have run across several of these guys and so far they all seam to be making out just fine. As far as payments i don't know about that its none of my business so i never ask

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Payments sound pretty high against that model year without knowing all the details. No idea whether insurance is in that number or not. I would also look carefully at the maintenance agreement and what it exactly covers. Lot of horror stories on some lease vehicles. They also may charge .10 cents a mile for maintenance on just the hard parts. You get a flat or something, it is on you. Road service for just a flat can run a grand depending on the circumstances. Couple bad weeks and a breakdown, someone new with limited reserves will be in trouble. Better know your costs!
If you are going to lease something, go to Penske and get something new for less money. You should have reasonable credit, and if you don't, you shouldn't be leasing equipment in the first place.