Lease purchase

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Jeff,

I mean this from the heart so please do not take this in a negative manner.

In reading your notes it seems to me nothing works for you. Things/life/trucking is not that bad. It takes a lot of thinking and planning to get through life and very little of it comes easy. It takes a positive attitude and a well thought out plan to accomplish anything in business, education,parenting and so on.

Right now it appears you think having a truck of your own(so to speak) will solve your problems. Let me tell you that it will not. It will most likely make things worse. You have been given advice by some very seasoned people here. Atleast each of us has been down the road one way or another. As you can see each of us are telling you this is not a good idea.

I suggest you take some time without TV, radio, kids, work etc and talk with yourself about what you NEED and what you WANT. Kind of like what do Iwant to be when I grow up and throw in there what does it take to raise the family. I also suggest at this point their needs get priority, you can always get your way later.

I also suggest you stop the blame game even though some of the stuff is surely someone elses fault. But rushing loads and calculating trips and speeds will not change much with your own truck. Get a good out look on today and a better one on the future and prepare yourself then get busy.

If you need education stop the excuses and get it. You are not the Lone Ranger here and if you want stories of how hard some folks I know and know very well had it and still got educated, let me know. It can be done. It will seem like everyone and everything is againest you and everything is going wrong and every bill is due but keep the good, positive attitude and with each passing day it will get better as long as you work at it. If you have faith in the Good Lord I suggest you learn to speak and ask for that help as well.

A lease purchase is not your answer but it very well can be your last straw. Best of luck to you.

Raceman
OTR O/O

night_rider_06

Seasoned Expediter
Raceman,
I appreciate your advice. I know that people out there who are reading my comments mean well, and yes they have given me alot of good advice. After all, that is why I got into this forum is to get alot of opinions and advice. I do as a matter of fact worship the Almighty Lord, and trust me I have not taken any of the advice given to me in a negative manner. I have been out of work now for about 8 weeks and have been living off of my savings, thanks to trucking. However I need to go to work soon. I have literally searched for a year or longer for a job where I live. You have to live here to understand where i'm coming from. East Tennesse has always been very political, and if you're not related to someone, or if you're what they call here an "Outsider" you will find it very difficult to get into the mainstream of things, especially finding a job. In fact one of the first questions they ask here when I apply for a job is; Are you from here? Who are you related to? I'm so sick and tired of the usual drill when applying for a job. I know all of this sounds far fetched, and most people I tell this too who I meet on the road tell me, yeah right. But it's ok, i'm not out to convince anyone, or make them believers. I'll continue to try and find a local job, that pays well. I've never given up in my persuits. So I again send you my thanks, and to everyone else out there. God Bless.

TheGoodGuy

Expert Expediter
One of the best threads I've seen here.....

Raceman you are wise beyond your years.....

Night Rider my first driving opportunity (15 years ago),was a lease purchase plan. It was too good to be true. I realized down the road that everytime I got a little ahead, the company (Commercial Carrier out of Auburndale, FL), would find some reason to do extra maintenance to the truck, or questionable repairs. Always something to prevent you from ever receiving title to the truck.

Of the hundred's of drivers that was in the plan, I know of only two that ever paid off their trucks. Not to mention the fact that they were the cheapest spec'd trucks you could possibly buy.

God Bless America

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
With a son at home, I would have to make that the priority. I would scrap this plan and do something else. Paying a full time nanny to do this doesn't make sense either.
I would really think you have some other options available to you, other than this.
This lease plan has disaster written all over it with your provided background.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator