laredo

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
How many van teams say no to laredo or take a good trip and drive mt to another location due to reduced rates? Im just curious how many vans this effects and what the best thing to.do.is. I dont mind driving to.another area after. The reduced rates are a bit ridiculous. On the other hand, dont want to get stuck here all week when reduced rate load goes to a good area.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
How many van teams say no to laredo or take a good trip and drive mt to another location due to reduced rates? Im just curious how many vans this effects and what the best thing to.do.is. I dont mind driving to.another area after. The reduced rates are a bit ridiculous. On the other hand, dont want to get stuck here all week when reduced rate load goes to a good area.

Seriously?....you are worried about reduced rates?....I mean somewhat reduced rates....If the rate exceeds your CPM even by a penny, then it is all profit....whether it be $1.00 or $200.00.....leaving MT is a 100% loss....don't worry quite so much about making a statement as to being a business person first.....do what your pocketbook dictates, these are tough times....don't go into debt to make a political statement...

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Gosh, was just looking for some advice. Not trying to get my head bit off. No wonder people get so mad, if you don't ask the right question or already know everything you get belittled. Wasn't trying to make a statement, was just trying to figure out the smart thing to do.

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Gosh, was just looking for some advice. Not trying to get my head bit off. No wonder people get so mad, if you don't ask the right question or already know everything you get belittled. Wasn't trying to make a statement, was just trying to figure out the smart thing to do.

My first time i waited n waited n spent money entertaining myself while i waited some more and now ill take a cheap rate just to get back out profit a few dollars and back to the freight lanes making money the fastest.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

where did i bite?......LOL....all i said was make the decision based on your own personal circumstances.....MY advice MAY not work for you...good luck down there....:)

paullud

Veteran Expediter

I don't see where he bit your head off. He gave you solid advice to stay there and take a lower paying load that meets your cost of operation. If you DH out of there you are losing money for every mile you drive versus profiting.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I may have gotten off track with the "making a statement" part...But I read here so many willing to drive out because they won't take "cheap freight"....
example...if you get $1.60 going in and you get offered .60 coming out....that is $2.20 all around....OR $1.10 average on both loads....well within mosts CPM

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ovm, ,, off topic....whats weather forcast look like in your area ? sounds like heavy snow in Ia. by friday , my planned Home arrival day. .......Laredo is always going to be a hot topic on here. ....some people are planners on how to react to certain load areas. ...other people are whinners....:D

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ovm, ,, off topic....whats weather forcast look like in your area ? sounds like heavy snow in Ia. by friday , my planned Home arrival day. .......Laredo is always going to be a hot topic on here. ....some people are planners on how to react to certain load areas. ...other people are whinners....:D

Storm is passing to the south of me and coming back up thru YOUR area....tough luck pal...

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for the good news guys. ....Oh well snow will make for great coyote hunting next week.....:D

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have never gotten a load out of Laredo. The first load offer was too big to fit in my van and the second load cancelled. I have gotten a lot of my leased on drivers out of laredo but I have never had luck out of that area. But then again I have gotten loaded out of Los Angeles almost every time I've been here! I guess certain areas work for certain drivers!

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I have spent a week there then dead headed out ....was there last week in and out in 7 hours..its a crap shoot

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Just ran from Laredo to MI on a cross dock load. Stuck in TX for 8 days but it ended up being worth the wait (lucky am I)

Given the choice? I would not care for going south of Houston, or west of Dallas. In a ST or Sprinter....I get stuck in southern TX, not to mention your clear out of the main freight lanes. Nice runs out of there, if you can get em. However, if your stuck for days and finally get that nice 1000 mile run...is it any different from 2x500 mile and you keep moving from elsewhere?

No less then 6 Panther cargo's, 4 unmarked sprinters, a couple of Express 1's, and various other brands at the Flying J alone. TA was close to the same, with Pilot being scarce in comparison. Had faith in my company and O/O to get me outta there, but it still took days.

To me, it's 50-50 and would not go there, given the choice. Part of the waiting is WHERE your waiting and Laredo is not a favorite. Did meet some of those who are undercutting freight and it was interesting conversation. Most were holding out for good rate but with the saturation......it was soon to become a cut and run deal.

Last edited:

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Laredo = 250 extra so it covers driving up to Dallas so i can get a good load back we just need to start looking at these cheap freight areas and charging extra to go there

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Laredo = 250 extra so it covers driving up to Dallas so i can get a good load back we just need to start looking at these cheap freight areas and charging extra to go there

That may work for you....But we do better out of Laredo then we do Dallas....go figure...

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Sorry if i took you the wrong way OVM. Was just having a rough day. Hard to read someones tone lol. yeah, i didnt mean not taking a load to make a statement. Was just curious on peoples ideas about the whole thing.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry if i took you the wrong way OVM. Was just having a rough day. Hard to read someones tone lol. yeah, i didnt mean not taking a load to make a statement. Was just curious on peoples ideas about the whole thing.

and sometimes I don't convey my thoughts to typing too well.....Hope your having a better day...:)

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I never turn down a Laredo load!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums