Laredo TX.

tryhours3191

Seasoned Expediter
Freight mount be moving out of Laredo. Sunday evening and there are only six straight trucks @ the TA here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

BigCat

Expert Expediter
What chef said. The last few times ive been we got right out. And around our rate too.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Laredo is hit and miss one minute you get out in hours other times its days. I been down there and came back out in 6 hours and last time I was down there I was there for 4 days

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Think I'll avoid Texas the first couple Weeks of July.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
Some guys from our company have an apartment down there. They get a run down there, sit for however long. Get a run back up this way & repeat. From my understanding they do pretty well.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
I delivered in Laredo on Saturday morning. Slept a few hours and deadheaded up to San Antonio where I hope to catch a load tomorrow. It was a respectable 98 degrees Fahrenheit at 2pm today.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I delivered in Laredo on Saturday morning. Slept a few hours and deadheaded up to San Antonio where I hope to catch a load tomorrow. It was a respectable 98 degrees Fahrenheit at 2pm today.

Always keep a few placards that read: will work for food and gas when in Texas to put on ur doors.

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
Always keep a few placards that read: will work for food and gas when in Texas to put on ur doors.

Just POD'd in San Antone this A.M. and I show position 1 with 16 daily avg out of Laredo board, Panther St trk. We had a load offer before POD'ing to KC but boss says we have to go home for g-son's 1st B-day party so we passed.

Quick note; A guy with FEd Ex Ground asked me about Panther the other day saying he was fixing to get laid off along with 1500 others (don't know if just his area) as the Fed planned to use more rail. Sd he was looking at buying a Sprinter. Referred him to this board. If you're here, feel free to chime in.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just POD'd in San Antone this A.M. and I show position 1 with 16 daily avg out of Laredo board, Panther St trk. We had a load offer before POD'ing to KC but boss says we have to go home for g-son's 1st B-day party so we passed.

Quick note; A guy with FEd Ex Ground asked me about Panther the other day saying he was fixing to get laid off along with 1500 others (don't know if just his area) as the Fed planned to use more rail. Sd he was looking at buying a Sprinter. Referred him to this board. If you're here, feel free to chime in.

Shippers look to cut ground, air transportation costs, CEO says

FedEx CEO Fred Smith said more shippers are transporting goods via ocean shipping at the expense air carriers, a modal shift reflected in the parcel giant’s recent earnings report

Yet Fedex Freight posted its first profit since 2008.....must be because of CC being there now eh?....LOL