Landing Gear

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Just a curious question. Has anyone ever had to replace or add landing gear to a truck and if so what brand would you recommend?

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Had one to strip earlier this year, went with the Holland brand also. Got a good deal on them at Utility trailer shop in Toledo. I beleive the set I got was named Black Armour.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Had one to strip earlier this year, went with the Holland brand also. Got a good deal on them at Utility trailer shop in Toledo. I beleive the set I got was named Black Armour.

What is a ball park price on just the unit? Did you have them install and if so what was that price?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Had mine done at the Utility Trailer near Toledo as well. Don't have the price handy, I can maybe look it up tomorrow. I THINK we have those records here. If not, I can look it up for you when we get home next week.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
What is a ball park price on just the unit? Did you have them install and if so what was that price?

The pair was about $400, with install came to the $500 area. I was kind of surprised it wasn't more. When I went in was expecting to be in the $700 to $800 range.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That sounds about right. My wife informs me we have it here. She will look it up tomorrow for you.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Caution: if you plan on putting on a straight, don't get them too low, or they'll drag coming out of driveways.
Been there. Done that.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
The closer to the axle, the lower you can get away with. The less effective they will be.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sorry, I can't give you the cost on our landing gear. We had other work done at the same time, had the taillights and box rewired, and our records here only have the totals, $1200.00. I THINK the landing gear part was about $500. Sorry I can't be more accurate. If you need more I will look when we get home.

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
What's the best grease to put in the for these cold temps. Does anyone know where to purchase a hydrolic unit or air unit to lower them. Met a guy years ago had hydrolic unit with controls inside and outside the cab. Thanks

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
The truck we have now has 2 17k lb hydraulic rams mounted instead of landing gear. Each ram is individually controlled by a switch, that way you can level out the truck on uneven pavement. The combined 34k lbs lifting capacity of the two rams can even lift up both axles completely off the ground.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Utility in Romulus or Toledo (same owner) are both pretty good places for this. Done a lot of Load One units.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
The truck we have now has 2 17k lb hydraulic rams mounted instead of landing gear. Each ram is individually controlled by a switch, that way you can level out the truck on uneven pavement. The combined 34k lbs lifting capacity of the two rams can even lift up both axles completely off the ground.