Landing gear froze up

G

My partner and I just bought a used FL 80 and the landing gear will not work correctly. I'm told it should have 2 gears in it. One to make it go down fast and another one for use when the gear hits the ground for snugging up the gear. Am I correct in assuming the way to change the gear choice is to push / pull the handle? If that is the correct way to select the gear, my "high Gear" is frozen up. The low gear will work so I would guess if I turned the crank for 10 minutes or so I would go down but............

The A/C in the sleeper is also not working very well. The cab A/C will freeze you out but the sleeper is only slightly cooler than the outside air.

Thanks,

Andy

Trooper transport, Inc.

aquawarrior7

Expert Expediter
Poor people. Have you tried to grease or wd-40 the landing gear? That may help, and yank hard sometimes mine tries to stick too. It also helps to drop your bags in the back so you have less far to wind lol
Wish I could help about the ac

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
regrease unit and tap with hammer to engage second gear. That should work.
On AC, if it is cool in front, bybass valve underneath of sleeper is not closing completely. You either have to close the valve manually or have it replaced. When in the fully open position, that is when you have your heat on.