Lack of Training

paullud

Veteran Expediter
He looks like someone with a few months experience that got caught in a jam and folded under the pressure.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Looks like two rookies ?
An experienced co-driver may have said NO and backed him up to a safe option.
Sad.
Guy trying to work, sent out ill-prepared, probably back working Walmart, or worse.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I'm fairly sure he was at my delivery Monday but with a new company! :p

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Here are a couple more, just remember one of these clowns maybe parked next to you in a truck stop

uploadfromtaptalk1380679966365.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1380679982012.jpg

sent from my Galaxy S3

moose

Veteran Expediter
we can solve all of the drivers training {or lack of} issue. simply.,... ...limit turn over rate!.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
LOL!! Their GPS didn't tell them to continue the $50K+ damage to that semi after the first failed attempt to turn around. Idiot move, that was.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
pictures unfortunately don't tell the whole story....that CR England pic is exactly a type of unload I had in downtown Toronto....I would pull up to the overhang to underground parking and a forklift would take my stuff off the tail through the parking garage.....the building and the underground was built PRE 53 footers.....

the Western guy appears to have cut the corner to close to unload on the other side of fast food restaurant...see it all the time at Mcd's...trucks in drive thru's....

Last edited:

BigCat

Expert Expediter
pictures unfortunately don't tell the whole story....that CR England pic is exactly a type of unload I had in downtown Toronto....I would pull up to the overhang to underground parking and a forklift would take my stuff off the tail through the parking garage.....the building and the underground was built PRE 53 footers.....

the Western guy appears to have cut the corner to close to unload on the other side of fast food restaurant...see it all the time at Mcd's...trucks in drive thru's....

Western express doesn't deliver to McDonalds and England the story behind it was driver made wrong turn and kept going. Both preventable.

What surprises me is that Micky d menu is still standing after bowing the trailer in half.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
That Western Express is a physics lesson.
Think of a cardboard box. Any single piece of the cardboard is weak.
Secure them together and the box suddenly is strong.
Same thing with a van trailer.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

it is just how flimsy trailers are built....the whole depends on the pieces...break the roof and sides...the trailer floor snaps in half....as you said....physics

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Western express doesn't deliver to McDonalds and England the story behind it was driver made wrong turn and kept going. Both preventable.

What surprises me is that Micky d menu is still standing after bowing the trailer in half.
no..but if he is like any of us he probably thought the Mcd's truck does it....and he tried....I think that is why they are called accidents....

I did have an unload exactly the way that CR guy is facing..once a month thank goodness...security would close one lane of the underground and the fork lift would unload the skids and put them on ground and get me outta there as fast as possible....the security guy was my spotter for backing out onto a 2 lane sidestreet.....challenging is whatI'd call that one...LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
no..but if he is like any of us he probably thought the Mcd's truck does it....and he tried....I think that is why they are called accidents....

I did have an unload exactly the way that CR guy is facing..once a month thank goodness...security would close one lane of the underground and the fork lift would unload the skids and put them on ground and get me outta there as fast as possible....the security guy was my spotter for backing out onto a 2 lane sidestreet.....challenging is whatI'd call that one...LOL

them days I had a 45..dispatch never would send a pup or 40 footer in there, for some ungodly reason....would make too much sense I guess....LOL

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

Yep. Saw that in Columbus OH a couple of months ago. Trailer "scraped" under a bridge. No major damage to top rail but fiberglass damaged enough top pop under the pressure. Trailer (loaded) dropped in the center and the sides folded in.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
And I believe the news article said they had to deflate the tires on the tractor to get it out without doing more damage to the structure. I think if I'm not mistaken this was at the slc airport.

Needless to say there are at least 3 people looking for jobs now. Lol