Just saying hello

Riffsimm

New Recruit
Driver
US Army
Hello everyone.
A little back ground. I have had my CDL A for 17 years, I have not been OTR for 5 years. I was working as a yard spotter and trailer tech.
My wife is looking to get her CDL A or B. We are looking at teaming in a str8 truck. We are new empty nesters, so home time is not really an issue. We live in northeastern Indiana.
Now for the questions.
Are there any company's that would allow me to train her, I've heard of a 14hr team. Where they allow 1 driver to train the other who only has a permit. Until ready to test then go full team. Do they still do that, and if so what company's?
What company's are good for new expedite teams.
Thx for the info.

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I’m not sure what companies offer that at this time. If you have your CDL you can train her on a rented Penske str8 with 33k gross weight and take her to her testing site. Then you could train her while you are over the road with your experience. As far as companies, some of them offer different things so you will have to read up and see what works better for you guys as a team.

Riffsimm

New Recruit
Driver
US Army
Thx for the info,
Another question. If you hired on with an owner, and get a 1099. Do you need to form an LLC ? And get a business name

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
just need to find a good tax accountant who knows trucking ,
keep great records of everything you do on the road and with the truck, so at the end of year you don't have go and figure out what you did. keep by the week, than by month, and the end of year. so when you to see him with all other info , be easy to do your tax's

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Thx for the info,
Another question. If you hired on with an owner, and get a 1099. Do you need to form an LLC ? And get a business name
Be careful of financial advise here. We are all well intention, BUT, everybody and every state is a different situation. You are making a big investment in your future, don't sweat a couple hundred dollars up front and sit down with a CPA.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: BlindSquid