Just how low?

tknight

Veteran Expediter
How much lower are we going to be forced to go, fuel prices fall, toll rates, maintance, tires, insurance, general operating costs, they all keep going up. I'm now bidding @1.45 a mile and am still sitting, with all this deadhead out of my pocket I might be looking at having .80 or less net per mile. It getting not worth the time effort or bs? I might as well drive a van.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Well another wasted day 16 bids not a nibble dropped to 1.40 wtf is wrong ? Pimp tells me most that I bid on were fake loads wtf? Or just people looking for quotes

I'm thinking something is way wrong here ....I've never been late to a pu or delivery in over 5 years due to my actions and I've only had 1 job I couldn't do when I got there cause I couldn't load it by myself and shipper refused to assist said it was my job figure it out , so I left! I still got dry run pay with no argument!

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well another wasted day 16 bids not a nibble dropped to 1.40 wtf is wrong ? Pimp tells me most that I bid on were fake loads wtf? Or just people looking for quotes

I'm thinking something is way wrong here ....I've never been late to a pu or delivery in over 5 years due to my actions and I've only had 1 job I couldn't do when I got there cause I couldn't load it by myself and shipper refused to assist said it was my job figure it out , so I left! I still got dry run pay with no argument!
I got a mini today for 1.25 a mile. Which surprised me!

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

tknight

Veteran Expediter
have you even been close to the rate you want?
I have no idea, they don't get answers from the powers in the ivory tower, all I know is that I've been dropping my rates .10 each day for the past 4 days . I'm down to 1.35 today, I've got bills to pay, so I have little choice . But at that rate I can't do much deadhead for a load unless it's a decent miles run.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have no idea, they don't get answers from the powers in the ivory tower, all I know is that I've been dropping my rates .10 each day for the past 4 days . I'm down to 1.35 today, I've got bills to pay, so I have little choice . But at that rate I can't do much deadhead for a load unless it's a decent miles run.
at that, you might as well throw away that log book and come to a van....there is a few members done that and never been happier....but I imagine its individual likes/dislikes...

Reactions: Mailer

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The way he cuts rates he belongs in a van.

Seriously, can't you find a legit carrier to lease on to that will work with you and your real business ?
With your other skill-sets can't you find a real job, part time ?
You're over qualified for a van and would miss your creature comforts.
Go from broke to broke and miserable.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Legit carriers want commitment I can't do that! I require freedom to do shows and other entertainment tasks the other thing is I'm diabetic and they told me I wasn't possible to drive for them . I don't have a cdl nor do I want one
A van isn't gonna happen ever! I've got 11 weeks till concert season then I'll be fine

I've made a good living off of driving till the last few months . I'll survive
I am solo so my limit is 600 mile a day at best so that's a drawback as well they never allow for longer miles in the legal times so I can't even shoot for 800 or more unless it's a weekend

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthernBill