Just got the king pins replaced

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
So what did it cost and did they do the pins and bushings or just the bushings? What kind of rig? "Questions, questions, questions, I have lots of questions" as quoted from 6 yr old grandson when he was talking to my older schizoid brother.

Retidepxe

guido4475

Not a Member
Just make sure when they are greased in the future, the front end is in the air, tires included, to take the pressure off of them, to ensure the grease makes it's way all around them.I used to carry a bottlejack myself when I would greae the truck.Grease is alot cheaper than parts.

bigshow345

Seasoned Expediter
2005 freightliner rhl185 (glorified m2) I noticed my front tires wearing a little bit funny. Took it to a friend who teaches heavy duty truck repair to have aligned and found out it was the king pins starting to wear. Most highway trucks in some form or another are based off of the ford model a and t front end suspension and steering. Very simplified system and easy to fix unlike say a strut system on a car. I brought it to my friend who teaches heavy duty truck repair and he used it in his suspension and steering segment in his class. I just had to pay for the parts.

bigshow345

Seasoned Expediter
I run under my own authority. Right now Im hauling tires with a 30 foot enclosed trailer, I work directly with a tire retred shop