Just Give us OUR RATE

pantherii

Expert Expediter
Why does dispatchers offer you loads not at your contracted rate?
But when you ask for it they give it too you, are they taught this during there orientation? Is this panthers policy?
I talked to another panther driver and he told me when a load is booked theres usualy extra money within the load to give the drivers.
Why doesnt panther just give it to us? such as layover pay, money for tolls to new york etc. Why do we have to ask for something that should already be coming to us?

As far as everybody saying lay off the dispatchers there underpaid and have a tough job, and get yelled at by drivers for 8 straight hours.... It comes with the territory just like us drivers if you dont like your job or employer then you have the option to move on.

p.s. wont go into details but dispatch sent over wrong info during load offer and we had to refuse it when we arrived at the shipper, 98 miles away, I don't get mad its funny, I just come to expect that from Panther now

all have a good day

targuard86

Expert Expediter
Why do you stay at a company that you hate?

And why would Panther keep someone like him as a contractor? If I had a driver bad mouthing me many times a day in a huge public forum I'd put him on the road!

darkunicorn

Seasoned Expediter
Can see you won’t have a lot of trucks at your company if your sending them all down the road for disagreeing with you.

targuard86

Expert Expediter
I have no problem with somone disagreeing with me but this guy is constantly bashing the company that he choose to run for in a public forum.

bamamule

Seasoned Expediter
look at this truck pays 1.30 panther bids on load for 1.10 they have 6 \1.10 trucks there 1 \1.30 they move up the line as 1.10 trucks refuse get to 1.30 truck first offer has to be 1.10 but driver can say 1.30 is truck rate leave it at that panther eather pays it or looks else were don't think he's bashing just maybe getting tyred of going through the panther way to get his rate

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
>
>As far as everybody saying lay off the dispatchers there
>underpaid and have a tough job, and get yelled at by drivers
>for 8 straight hours.... It comes with the territory just
>like us drivers if you dont like your job or employer then
>you have the option to move on.
>
Pantherii: I don't agree with this statement at all. Do you feel it's ok for dispatchers to yell at you? Much of what you get upset about is not the dispatcher's fault, and even when they do make a mistake, there's no need to yell - they aren't perfect, any more than you are. If they made a mistake, in my experience, they'll say so, & do what they can to fix it, same as I would.
Sounds like you need to take your own advice, & move on.

bamamule

Seasoned Expediter
bamamule/txsbelle

No yelling or being hateful to anybody should be taken by no one...driver or dispatch...but just say you signed contract to company and that company drawed it up....they should know first of all what your rate is before they offer it to you....common sense ...when they pull up your truck #....it should have all your info there... they the dispatch need to offer you the load...what your truck rate is....important things....weight of truck ..how much it can carry......seen drivers go to pick up @ shipper ..weight be to much....you know that don't make driver look bad but company for sending truck who could not ...meet the customers request...

well,you talk about 8hrs dispatch have ....well, one thing they get go to there homes everyday...off 2 days week....major holidays....most drivers have to be out 3 or more weeks....yep we have our 8-10hrs but no matter we still have the job on our mind....because we r in the truck....

Dispatcher's need to understand they need the people that drive the trucks....cause if there was no truck drivers....then the company could not satified the customer....

By the way panther driver's there legal ways to turn down load offers and it want hurt your acceptanced rate.....

1. If load offer dh miles r more than 40% of the loaded miles
but you have to tell them over the qc..in writing..

2. If load more than 8hrs advance Monday-Thursday....Friday-Sunday has to be 24hrs .....again always put this over the qc

3. NOT YOUR RATE.(truck)...tell them over the qc

Most people want others to succeed both dispatcher's and driver's. but .they have to work together ....

when driver's quit...that's not the answer....when they do than who suffers...? customer's that ask that company for drivers them they have no driver to cover that load offer in that area...

Then the customer goes somewhere else...2..who can handled there business that they need taken care of...

The dispatch need the driver's and the driver's need the dispatcher's...they have to work it out or both of them have to move on.....here my 1/2 cents worth....

Driver's hang in there .....dispather's 2.....

:) :) :) :) :)

Italiangrl

Expert Expediter
I agree, no dispatcher should ever treat any driver with anything else but respect. I was a dispatcher for 4 years and I do know that some did not have the patience or personality for it. It was almost like a power-trip for them. It is a very stressful job being a dispatcher, and my head hurt many nights after work and I did sometimes take the job home with me worrying that everyone I had talked to that day got taken care of properly. Drivers are the core of the company and they do have alot of things to deal with on a day to day basis which might make them a little testy. But as a dispatcher, you should be understanding to this. And a company should not allow dispatchers or supervisors to talk to drivers that way. It is very unprofessional in my opinion. I am a fleet owner now at a different company and they are nothing but friendly and professional. I have NEVER been yelled at or treated unfairly and neither has any of my drivers. My hats are of to them..:)