Just a Reminder

C&M Transport

Seasoned Expediter
This is what an Over the Road Expedite Straight Truck looks like........

10408951_455361757945583_7264618252430964720_n.jpg

This is not what an Over the Road Expedite Straight Truck looks like..............

BudgetTruck.jpg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Other then the box needs a paint job and the tire pressure needs to be checked .... What's the problem?ive seen bad looking what we're supposed to be OTR trucks ....that had sleepers

Reactions: Opel2010

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I see more and more trucks like that in the truck stops with the drivers stretched out over the front seat sleeping. Hopefully the DOT starts cracking down on those trucks.
They are allowed, if I'm not mistaken, for a 500 miles radius from home...

C&M Transport

Seasoned Expediter
Other then the box needs a paint job and the tire pressure needs to be checked .... What's the problem?ive seen bad looking what we're supposed to be OTR trucks ....that had sleepers

The problem is, there is not a sleeper, there are no support legs, and it is not air ride, just for starters. If you are comfortable signing on a vehicle that looks and is equipped like this one, then more than likely you will not be in business for very long.

C&M Transport

Seasoned Expediter
They are allowed, if I'm not mistaken, for a 500 miles radius from home...

I hope he's not sleeping across that front seat of his cab to get his 10hrs. of rest.

If he gets a roadside inspection he'd better have hotel receipts and that company he's leased to better be keeping those hotel receipts for the next six months for that federal agent doing an audit.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
we had a member here that worked for Ceva that used a Penske lease truck, no sleeper....just did 100-400 miles or so runs....did the motel thing for receipts... you don't need an 80,000 dollar truck to do this job......

C&M Transport

Seasoned Expediter
Nope, don't need an 80,000 dollar truck to run OTR expedited freight, never said you did. Can't speak for others but at C&M you can have a 5000 dollar truck as long as it has a sleeper, support legs and has air ride, then you're good to go.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
The latter truck would not be welcomed with the top expedite companies - that's for sure. That ought to tell you something.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
we had a member here that worked for Ceva that used a Penske lease truck, no sleeper....just did 100-400 miles or so runs....did the motel thing for receipts... you don't need an 80,000 dollar truck to do this job......
Still have a few. Me, for one. No sleeper on my truck.
sbed_underthebed_100-100.gif

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
back in the 80.s we had no support legs, no air ride.....heck AC was a luxury...remember the little fans on the dashboards back then?....

I am quite sure the guy owning that WORK truck cares not in the least about top carriers...I wouldn't ...its about the $$$$ always about the $$$$

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nope, don't need an 80,000 dollar truck to run OTR expedited freight, never said you did. Can't speak for others but at C&M you can have a 5000 dollar truck as long as it has a sleeper, support legs and has air ride, then you're good to go.

Only paid 5000 for my truck, don't have support legs or air ride (but does have a liftgate) but you guys said it was ok, but since I don't have a cdl yet that was the issue......

If I remember right those guys sleeping on their front seats are taking advantage of a loophole in a rule change that was made when they added the 30 minute rest break. They can't log as in the sleeper since they don't have one but can log off duty and get away with it. Or at least for now, anyway.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Just think maybe he from Russia and starting to move in the Big Buck Loads.$1.02 a Mile.Over head low like the tires.DOT like the Flying J, rush hour 7am 15 people in line 1 cashier,and she new spend her time talking to boy friend and making change.Oh well if he brake down he just walk away.

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just think maybe he from Russia and starting to move in the Big Buck Loads.$1.02 a Mile.Over head low like the tires.DOT like the Flying J, rush hour 7am 15 people in line 1 cashier,and she new spend her time talking to boy friend and making change.Oh well if he brake down he just walk away.

Are you related to Iceroadtrucker? Just saying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk