Just a quick hello

Ladytrucker1950

Seasoned Expediter
Hi all, just wanted to pop in and let you know that I'm kind of doing well at my new job. I started Jan.2 and have had 2 runs to Cali and a few short runs. One got me within 70 miles of home on a Friday so they told me being as though I'd had kind of a rough week how would I like to go home for the weekend. Of course I said no problem. lol The weather has been kind of a booger. The truck has an automated tranny and it makes me apprehensive when its slick but so far no problems. I just lock it into whatever gear I want till I'm past the bad spot. Would rather have my 10 but oh well. The worst weather I've had so far was night before last heading for South Bend, In. Tried to take a shortcut and had nothing but snow packed, icy roads all night. Then miss the road and could find a place to flip. Got back to the toll road, got directions from the receiver and they were all screwy. Next thing I see is a sign welcoming me to Michigan! Criminey!!! Finally got her booboo figured out and did another flip, which took several miles to find someplace big enough. Ever heard the phrase Load from Hell? I told them Murphy was in this load and I hoped he was in the part they took off. 2 stops, no such luck. Next stop, prison in Terre Haute, 7 am delivery. Left Hebron at 2 am, didn't even get close! Two big trucks decided to have a ditch party at the 194mm and it was over 5 hours before anything moved.I got pressured by dispatch to get going and like something stupid, fell for it then called back after I got off the ice and told them I wouldn't fall for it again, so don't try. Now I'm sitting in Effingham getting detention pay because my load got moved to Friday soooooooooo, back to Indy I go tomorrow to pick up in Columbus. Don't know where its going but thats where I'll be, if the good Lords willing and it doesn't snow on me. Btw, I hope Murphy wound up in prison, discovered in a box of macaroni! Ya'll be safe, I have faith that spring will eventually get here. Carol

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ladytrucker,
It's good to hear that you're doing well, and you are, in spite of Murphy - I'd hope he got left in the prison too, but kinda doubt it. The weather is a booger, from now until spring really does arrive, so we just have to take it easy, and careful. And don't let anyone or anything make you forget that the freight is important, but it's not worth risking your life to deliver! Stay safe & sane ;)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Ladytrucker it is sure great to get an update on how you are doing. When winter decided to hit it hit! Sounds like you have had some nice runs though. I also hope you left Murphy in Prison we had a load to a maximum security prison not to long ago and I also asked them to keep him!! So far we have been doing well so I wish the same for you. Please keep us updated on how you are getting along.