Just a disgusting rumor?

Mrand Mrs

Expert Expediter
Last night going through the archives I ran across a post discussing a certain ethnic group that have now gotten into expediting along with taking over the hotels, gas stations, etc. I was talking with the hubby about this, he told me that he had heard a conversation between drivers on the CB regarding the same subject last night. He said the drivers were saying that they'll cram 3 guys in a truck and then cut a hole in the floor of the truck to minimize bathroom breaks. Has anyone heard of this? If it's true, that is just absolutely disgusting. I can understand keeping a bottle handy but a hole in the floor just crosses the line of civilized.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
ROFLMAO!!!!!

No, I've never heard of that, but I'm glad it wasn't over the cb or I woulda crashed laughing!

Mrs... what's worse? Going on the highway, or in a bottle which gets chucked out the window when it's full?

There was an article from EO Home that was talking about the lawn mowers hitting these bottles and getting sprayed when they explode. I think drivers who do this are not only disgusting, but also neanderthaals, and probably the ones who don't wash for weeks at a time. Now I know what those cologne sprayers are for... not dates! :7

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I can remember when you would see entire familes of this particular ethinc group jammed into a Ford Super Duty C truck. One time I was in a rest area on I 80 in PA and a State Trooper asked me to call my company about another unit sitting there as the driver spoke no english. He was trying to find his way to Detroit and had an old Exxon Road Map of NC. Turned out he was not suppossed to be the driver,one of his relatives took the trip and gave it to him to drive.No CDL,No Medical, No logs etc. The PA Police impounded the truck and the LOAD.Guess that was the end of that Contractor.

Thunderboldt

Expert Expediter
I think it's just one of those stories that goes around.I heard a similar version-in that one the truck was pulled around for a DOT inspection, and the inspector was under the rear of the tractor when you-know-what fell off of the frame an hit him in the face.I use my CB for info and conversing,but mostly it's squelched-up high or turned down low,just enough to catch road and traffic reports.

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I have heard these two for years. I imagine most are an urban legend. There is also one where a cop spotted a truck going down the road and great amounts of smoke was coming out of the sleeper. The cop pulls the truck over and there was 4 people in the truck and they had a Bar b que going in the sleeper.

Its better than in England there they give those type people a corner shop to run. In fact they are generally called "Paki shops".

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>I have heard these two for years. I imagine most are an
>urban legend.
>Its better than in England there they give those type people
>a corner shop to run. In fact they are generally called
>"Paki shops".

I thought it was an Urban Legend too; but up here north of the border that certain ethnic group has a large representation. There was a truck wreck reported in the newspaper a couple of years ago in Northern Ontario where 3 "Singhs" were killed in one of the trucks. I saw a container hauler leaving his terminal and could see as at least two guys were moving around the jump seat.
What they do for their bathroom breaks I don't WANT to know.