June Load 1

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Another day, another load ;)

I don't know what happened, but geez 10 of 11 o_O
I haven't been this busy since 2011 :JC-hysterical:

Hate to do it, but going OOS.
My inverter stopped working yesterday so my foods on ice for now, and need some PM work done at Wayne's tomorrow.

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I noticed the same thing yesterday.
I get to the Yard maybe 2 to 3 times a month , yet every time there's several Trucks/Van's
sitting in same spot every time .Yes , I understand most are Fleet Owners trucks/Van's waiting to be filled with Drivers. But after 30 days sitting "Couldn't " they be Relocated elsewhere ?
It would Free Up alot of Possible Active Use Truck spots .
Just My Opinion ....
At the yard waiting to load looking at all the straight trucks thinking...look at all the straight trucks

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

" LOAD 1 "

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I noticed the same thing yesterday.
I get to the Yard maybe 2 to 3 times a month , yet every time there's several Trucks/Van's
sitting in same spot every time .Yes , I understand most are Fleet Owners trucks/Van's waiting to be filled with Drivers. But after 30 days sitting "Couldn't " they be Relocated elsewhere ?
It would Free Up alot of Possible Active Use Truck spots .
Just My Opinion ....

" LOAD 1 "

Agreed. We try and limit the amount of time an empty unit is parked here. Not going to lie, its a challenge being the parking lot police.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It’s right up there with monitoring the plug in spots

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
I haven't had a problem by the plug in poles until yesterday.
Unplugging my Van to leave to pickup a load quick , I Step into a FRESH PILE of Dog ..
Yep ,it wasn't there 3 hours earlier, but I was lucky enough to find it along that 2 foot strip of grass . I guess the Dog doesn't know any better ..Lol

" LOAD 1 "

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Yesterday was a good start to my week. I took the family to Wild Adventures in Valdosta, GA for a great day of riding amusement park rides and water park slides.
My truck is in the shop having a new clutch installed on the Ultrashift transmission.
Ill be home until after the 4th.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
What is up with clutches lately?

Last week I started having clutch issues. Dropped it off at the shop and when they took off the transmission the input shaft had lots of play in it, ie, the transmission was on its last leg. I am at 748k miles and I almost scrapped the whole truck. When I bought it my plan was to drive it to 750k miles and then replace it. I found a much newer, nicer truck that I liked, but I just couldn't justify paying 2k a month for a few years. Happier with my non DPF, non DEF, non EGR truck. Can't do California, but I don't really mind.

So I dropped it at the shop Friday afternoon and I picked it up Monday evening. New clutch, rear seal, fork, machined flywheel, rebuilt transmission with a year unlimited miles warranty. Should last for the next 250k miles, then I can retire the truck.

The shop is A.C.T. Truck & Trailer in Elyria, OH. The guy is a former Load 1 driver that quit driving and opened the shop with his son. I had them do small things in the past and am very happy with their service.

Now back at it. Here hoping for 1,000,000 miles.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk