June Lampoon:: Locations & More

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Another beautiful day of slow or no freight as in maybe there has been freight but must be going for rates that I wont consider starting the truck for. I wish these bottom feeders would hurry up and go broke so we can get back to normal.

This gives me a chuckle that he

Sent from my SM-G965U using EO Forums mobile app

Is it possible that we have a new breed of bottom feeders.
In the old days , they’d go broke and go away.
It seems the new breed prospers by having reduced expectations. They operate cheaper, sometimes by skirting the law.
what did ya expect? This is not a classy operation we have here...although some think the otherwise......any uneducated peon can throw a skid in a pick up or van and drive from point A to B....this is the wild west out here...fastest draw wins the day in ( most ) cases...laws? regulations for CV's? LOL

It gives me a chuckle that he took pride in excelling in a job “any uneducated peon” could do.
This peon did it well enough to manage to pay a few bills and learn to live off the land...;)

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
its-so-hot-dog-melting.jpg

That’s nothing.

IMG_1069.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Is it possible that we have a new breed of bottom feeders ?
It seems the new breed prospers by having reduced expectations. They operate cheaper, sometimes by skirting the law.
On the FB site their are some that brag about not having to have commercial insurance and a couple have accused the rest of us as being idiots for paying for unnecessary insurance. Then there, are the ones that brag about taking cross country loads as a solo (2000+) direct for less.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is it possible that we have a new breed of bottom feeders ?
On the FB site their are some that brag about not having to have commercial insurance and a couple have accused the rest of us as being idiots for paying for unnecessary insurance. Then there, are the ones that brag about taking cross country loads as a solo (2000+) direct for less.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

That’s your new competition.
Adjust accordingly.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is it possible that we have a new breed of bottom feeders.
what did ya expect? This is not a classy operation we have here...although some think the otherwise......any uneducated peon can throw a skid in a pick up or van and drive from point A to B....this is the wild west out here...fastest draw wins the day in ( most ) cases...laws? regulations for CV's? LOL

It gives me a chuckle that he took pride in excelling in a job “any uneducated peon” could do.
This peon did it well enough to manage to pay a few bills and learn to live off the land...;)

I know you realize I didn’t call YOU a peon.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

Ken,

Now that you’re retired, I believe your wisdom and knowledge would be much appreciated and widely accepted on other social media outlets on FB pertaining to the expedite segment, and I believe if you shared your thoughts and wisdom there, you might get the point across to the bottom feeders that follow those outlets.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Ken,

Now that you’re retired, I believe your wisdom and knowledge would be much appreciated and widely accepted on other social media outlets on FB pertaining to the expedite segment, and I believe if you shared your thoughts and wisdom there, you might get the point across to the bottom feeders that follow those outlets.

I would tend to agree with Big Stick
After years of watching people jump head first into the shallow end of the pool and disappearing... there are always people going to work/scam the system... always. :)

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Talked to a guy last week who was bragging about making 80 cents no FSC or DH. Maybe too many guys don't know what good money is now. Shippers are paying more and more now.....so someone is making it.
Yeah we are.