June idle chit chat and banter and freight hauling

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
At my stop here in Gardena, CA where they are supposed to be here...yeah right, and I am supposed to pick of paperwork then go to the airline to ship this cargo to Hong Kong. Next stop is Cathay Pacific. Wonder how long I'll have to wait on this guy. It's expedite/hurry due to "Aircraft on Ground" so I would think with my updates on ETA they would have been waiting for me. Logic tho doesn't enter into this all too often.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Happy Monday AM. Bait on the hook, gas in the boat, smooth pond here in Knoxville, looking to hook a big one but won't turn my nose up at a minnow. Knot very choosey after a weekend layover.

Attachments

• 1465220085298.jpg
    1465220085298.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 28

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Circled it on the calendar, 365 days from today I will enjoy my first day of retirement from expediting, that is as long as the crappy ford holds in there. Disclaimer: could be sooner might be later.

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Little bit under the weather and moving slow this morning (dang sinus infection)... Got antibiotics Friday and should feel much better in a couple of days... Should have the "TerraMaxx" restocked, packed and ready to roll by noon (with the help from Janet)... The last three months we have averaged 9,918 paid miles per month and hoping June is just as good or better...

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Circled it on the calendar, 365 days from today I will enjoy my first day of retirement from expediting, that is as long as the crappy ford holds in there. Disclaimer: could be sooner might be later.
That is no fair! We are the same age and I am not set to retire. I thought you were gonna wait for me.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well after being at home for close to a month, installing new injectors, a new alternator and a new tire on the truck I'm ready to hit the road. With the tropical storm here in Florida I doubt I will get anything but who knows.

Reactions: NorthernBill

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Take your time. By Tuesday afternoon the weather will probably be beautiful. Between now and then, though, at least 4-6 inches of rain in Jacksonville. The eye of the storm is passing through NNE just north of Jacksonville. And it'll be raining a couple hundred miles on either side. It's hitting the Florida coast west of Gainesville and making more or less a beeline through Valdosta to Savannah, then up and off the coast.

So, if you've got a SCUBA tank, or even a Scooby Snack, bring it.

Reactions: Tim Xpedites