July in Load One Nation

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
True, you're not as likely to get condensation on the windows, or the metal slope, in the summer. It's probably the antenna opening. Just wanted to throw that out there for those who may have experienced their dome light peeing on them in the past, or those who have noticed water damage discoloration in the headliner. Insulating the slope show that headliner will eliminate the condensation.

The condensation probably explains why the top of the window on the inside is rusting. Every now and then I hit a bump and some rust will drop out by the steering column. For my water leak, it started about 3 months ago and only leaks during a heavy rain.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Plan for today was to get a head light restoration done. But the place that did it before couldn't get me in until next week :( So I took a chance and just did it myself. It was a lot easier then I expected. Glad I took before/after pics because when I was done I was thinking there was not much difference :rolleyes:

Passenger side
001 (800x429).jpg
003 (800x343).jpg

Drivers Side
005 (800x533).jpg
007 (800x472).jpg

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 39

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nice! Did you use a kit or what?
Yes, after debating forever I went with Mothers Nulens. It was on sale for $20 at autozone. I ended up not needing to do any sanding so I could have got by for $11 but I didn't want to have to come back. And I'll at least have enough for 3-4 more times :)

IMG_1126.JPG

Reactions: xiggi

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I did mine a couple of years ago. Like you, they couldn't get me in for a few days, so I just used a buffing pad with a drill and wowed myself. I used Meguirs or NuLens, can't remember, but it was Autozone.

Reactions: RoadTime

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I had heard the kits really work well, but how long it lasts for is the bigger problem.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had heard the kits really work well, but how long it lasts for is the bigger problem.

I had mine done "professionally" just shy of 2 years ago. Came out the same, so hoping for the same. But now that I have the stuff and know how easy it is, I'm sure I'll spruce it up more often. Directions recommend a monthly touch up to keep it in top condition. I'm sure they would love me to use it every month haha, will see how it goes. Planning on every 6 months at least for now.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
$109 is awesome. I've replaced mine, though not at the same time. Got one at Europarts and the other at Amazon. I wanna say I paid at least twice that for mine. But I'm sure to replace mine before too long. I can buff them out all I want, but the reflector gets dark over time and they're dimmer regardless.

Reactions: Steady Eddie